Valves for HP 100s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I picked up a pair of HP100s last week and wanted to know what people recommend for valves for these things. I'm finding a lot of valves that go up to 3400 psi, but the tanks are stamped 3500. They are currently doubled up but I'm going to use them as singles and sell the manifold and bands.

Recommendations?

7/8 or 3/4? If 7/8, the only folks I know of that sell valves are Genesis, if 3/4, the thermos are fine. In either case, DGE is your friend.

Thanks, Frank. I'll have to find out what size they are, I guess. I didn't realize there were two different standards but I think it has genesis valves on it now, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Just galled DGE and they no longer carry Genesis valves. They have DiveRite, Thermos, and Blue (Something).

I'm guessing that the bad news is that you'll have to hunt for the 7/8" valves, the good news is that I bet your manifold is worth something for the same reason. This is assuming that the tanks are the old 3500 (PST, I think? could be wrong on that one)

I don't think you will find yoke valves for these tanks, DIN300 bar only.

If the tanks are stamped 3500, then they are 99% going to be 7/8 thread, whether they are old PSTs or newer Japanese spun steel. These valves do come up for sale periodically as folks choose to double them up. The manifolds are pretty rare and in demand. I know of at least one person who posted recently looking for one. I'll try to find the post on TDS or CDF. You might be able to work out a trade for his single valves.

XS Scuba is making/selling one that is 7/8 thread rated to 4350 Psi. Its listed for 100 in there online catalog. XS Scuba Valves VX378-43A-VI. There is a manifold in there catalog for the 7/8 thread but its almost 400. Its listed under thermo VMT378-35A

I just bought 4 valves for 7/8" hp 100's right hand and left hand for sidemount. I have the right hand valves that came off the tanks if you are interested in them. I will sell them cheap as I have no use for them.

Who's the brand/manufacture of the manifold/valves on your tanks ?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom