BIBO Twins Setup, ScubaPro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschulte

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone setup or seen a setup of manifold twins on a ScubaPro Knighthawk? There is a BIBO Kit from ScubaPro that allows twins to be installed.

http://www.simplyscuba.com/ProductDetails.aspx?StockID=5274

I can not find any other information besides the part number and a picture of the mount, without tanks of course.

Currently I run my twins on an OMS steel backplate and harness, but do own a Knighthawk and was interested in the performance with twins.

:hai:

This is not a new idea,but as they say,"what goes around,goes around". One of the reasons it goes away is because it doesn't provide a very stable platform.

There's a reason ScubaPro doesn't sell them in the US anymore. Unless you like tanks wobbling around on your back then I probably wouldn't use them.

I was in the market for the travel twin band. I also digged out the information about BIBO band and contacted the Italian/German companies that manufactured.

BIBO isn't secure enough because of the plastic middle part, so it haven't gotten a huge fan in EU market. I also contacted SP USA about this matter a long time ago.

Instead, you can use an "Aqua Explorer Ultimate Band" I am also using this one and very sturdy enough.

hoosier:
I was in the market for the travel twin band. I also digged out the information about BIBO band and contacted the Italian/German companies that manufactured.

BIBO isn't secure enough because of the plastic middle part, so it haven't gotten a huge fan in EU market. I also contacted SP USA about this matter a long time ago.

Instead, you can use an "Aqua Explorer Ultimate Band" I am also using this one and very sturdy enough.

The AquaExplorer bands won't work because ScubaPro doesn't just the standard 11'' bolt pattern, particularly on the Ladyhawk/Nighthawk. ScubaPro doesn't have any BC's that are suitable for using doubles.

amascuba:
The AquaExplorer bands won't work because ScubaPro doesn't just the standard 11'' bolt pattern, particularly on the Ladyhawk/Nighthawk. ScubaPro doesn't have any BC's that are suitable for using doubles.

AE band doesn't have to be 11 inch bolt pattern.

SP Knighthawk can be used double up to AL80s..... Even, SP manual clearly indicates this matter. SP BC is more 40lb lift capacity on the medium size. This issue has been covered on our board many times... :wink:

I have used this band with the Knighthawk and Classic Plus without any troubles. We are talking about the tech diving with this. It is perfectly ok in a rec. diviing range.

amascuba:
ScubaPro doesn't have any BC's that are suitable for using doubles.
Both the older Seahawk and the knighthawk can be used with doubles, you need a set of harp bands, which btw was covered in another thread.:D

Thank you for all of the great feedback. It appears that the only workable system for a Knighthawk is a set of independent twins. The Ultimate product is an excellent option. I guess for a manifold set of twins, nothing replaces the simple back plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom