Chalk Bluff - recent visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa Steve

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Texas Swampers,
I've not gone diving with any of you yet but I thought I would pass on a few pics. Did some recent diving at Chalk Bluff. The viz was at least 50-60 feet and the night dive was great. Although I never found a spot over 9-10 foot deep it was a very enjoyable dive. On a typical dive we were under for about an hour and used about 1200 psi.
Went back the following weekend to snorkel with some family members. The viz wasn't quite as good but still better than anything else in Texas . . .other that Aquarena.
Enjoy . . .and don't be too harsh on the pics . . .it was a 16 dollar camera.

gar.jpg

Find the gar!

bass1.jpg

bass, perch and catfish everywhere

b.jpg

Posing

beshcoool.jpg

These little fish glow very bright when they're at the surface and you hit them from below with your light on a night dive. Very cool looking.

Nice pics, I found the Gar thanks for posting!

Where is Chalk Bluff? I'm new here.

Looked like fun!

Is the gar along the bottom left, horizontal with the bottom edge of the picture?

cruiser:
Is the gar along the bottom left, horizontal with the bottom edge of the picture?
His head is in the white sand, just bottom-right of center. His body runs along the ground back towards left-top of the center. Between his great camoflague and my sixteen dollar camera he's pretty hidden. First one I came accross darted right underneath me with my chest about 18" off the bottom. I never saw him until he moved . . .Scared the &^&^$ out of me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom