Blue Lagoon Huntsville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I done almost 100 dives there, mostly training new OW divers, sometimes just to get underwater and "decompress" after work. Viz is usually less than 10', no vegetation, no fish, except a few bottom darters, a few platforms and a few broken down boats...but hey, it is what it is. Get there early and get in the water before the students muck up the viz. They let picnicking families and swimmers in after noon, so any unsecured gear left at the surface can be compromised. $17 entry fee.

I had heard they tried to populate the lake with sturgeon?

I had heard they tried to populate the lake with sturgeon?

Sturgeon? You mean the fish that lives in sub-arctic lakes and rivers (and the coast) known for their roe?

They don't do well in Texas mud pits.

Sturgeon? You mean the fish that lives in sub-arctic lakes and rivers (and the coast) known for their roe?

They don't do well in Texas mud pits.

Oh, I was looking at one with the same name in the UK.... oops.

We called it the Green Latrine when I was there. Better than Duck Sh!t lake on 288 south of town. I hear they got rid of the ducks...

I like camping there. When I get hot I go for a dive to cool off. The pine forest
that surrounds the park is easy on the eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom