Looking for DM internship 2people together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nosham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there ladies and gents, we are two people, one boy (italian) and one girl (malaysian), age 27, me with already rescue dive padi and 50 dives and her with open water, we would like to find a place around south east asia or asia where with zero budget (food and accommodation must be included) we can get a DM license no matter if the training will not be as good as if it's a paid course. According to your experience , I would like to know if there are any places where to take one of those Dive Master internship where you can just work for 3 or 4 months in the diving center or resort in exchange of the padi DM license. Is it possible? any help please ?

MY friend, Seems you are a zero budget diver with zero value for time also. Cheap DM course can cost 25,000 Bhat (US$700) and can be finished in minimum 2 weeks.

Now, you are wasting 3-4 months of your life to save yourself US$700. Some DM internship includes cleaning toilet as well, which isn't Padi but Dive center standard because they can't accept you as role model DM and get certified. :shakehead:

Best and cheapest option for you and GF is to go with freelance instructor, who can certify you up to DM level, and that can be done half the price that cost doing them with busy dive centers.

Most improtant, still you need to do your IDC instructor course, because foreign DMs don't have any marketability, except you willing to "Free work for free dive".

oh i understand , thanks a lot for your advices, so you think it would be the same even in other countries of aisa ? u know anything about Vietnam?

I think the advice from DCB to go with a free lance instructor at half price is nonsense.

Agre though that a DM Course like this is not a good idea, but as mentioned earlier, there will be options for you. Maybe check out Phi Phi or Koh Tao, and write directly to a few DC's overthere, there you could be 'lucky'.

Stevel, though you have more experiance than me in diving industry today, but you are being very opinionated. This is free forum and everyone is entitled to having some opinions, and let him decide what's right choice for him. So please don't use such adj words toward me in future.

Nosham, I personaly believe internship is a crock of ****. Garbage in, Garbage out. There are nearly 135,000 padi pros, and there isn't shortage of work force like you these days.

Go as paying customer and you will save more TIME AND MONEY and maintain your dignity, you don't want to be treated like a lowlife person in front of your girlfriend.

This is free forum and everyone is entitled to having some opinions, and let him decide what's right choice for him. So please don't use such adj words toward me in future.
Exactly, that is why I gave my opinion. Just the half price thing you mention is simply not true.

Exactly, that is why I gave my opinion. Just the half price thing you mention is simply not true.

I can pick out hundreds of instructors from just kohtao alone , who willing to do it much less than that. You know I know this already, why we are discussing it?

Sailing club divers in Vietnam will charge you a small amount I believe. Assuming you and you girlfreind each can speak additional languages besides English, I think the price varies by the value of what you can do. I also think they expect you to have your own gear. See:
http://sailingclubvietnam.com/datab...uyttcdg717268408awertyuyttcdg717268408&id=idc
They will do what they say and say what they will do. I've known several people that have done the program there, and have used the operation for diving myself. You'll either get on with the manager or you won't. Show up on time, properly attired, be ready to work, do your homework, and treat the customers with respect and you'll do fine. Screw up in one of those areas and you won't. If your looking for a way to extend your party holiday don't bother, it's a job.

If you do go the freelance instructor route and its on the up and up, it may take a while for you to get the classes (i.e. OW, AOW...) needed for certification. You will still have to worry about housing and food. I realize money is an issue, but I agree raising the funds is the better route. Can you work for a bit and save then go? What about Malaysia? Perhaps you girlfriend could work while you get through the DM training and then get her trained when you move on and get employment as DM elsewhere?

Arizona

thanks a lot guys , for your suggestions , I saw the page on vietnam , but it says you need to cover some expenses of books , padi certs and so forth, so it's not going to be costless at all!!
Im trying anyway to look up for Malaysian small diving centers in Borneo and see if there is someone will accept my proposal. If not , i will go for the option of investing a little bit more later on and get a good training, in the end we are talking about our lives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom