Need help! Nikon Coolpix S220 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nymbus

Contributor
Reaction score
First and foremost, I did a quick search through the forum for previous discussions, it didn't find any right off the bat, but if I missed something obvious, please forgive and direct me!

So- I am leaving SOON for my first trip to warm water in nine years, and I just realized that I have a birthday and a Nikon Coolpix S220 that might be fun to put into a housing and get some actual photos. (1500+ dives, only three photos ever. FAIL).

Fantasea and Ikelite are the only two companies I can find that make housings for my silly little Nikon Coolpix S220, and there is not a single review I can find on multiple sites to help me come up with a good solution.

Anyone out there have experience with either brand? I'm leaning towards the Ikelite, since I recognize it and have used their products before... but... the price difference is significant and really, this is a brand new arena for me in regards to diving.

Thoughts? Help? Reviews? Suggestions?

MUCH APPRECIATED!

I would go with Ikelite over Fantasea. To be fair, I've never owned a Fantasea housing, but I have read a number of Fantasea user comments on SB over the past few years and have not gotten the impression that Fantasea owners have been overwhelmingly happy with their housings. I could be wrong on this - but it is my impression. I do have to say that Ikelike makes a decent housing and they are very responsive in their customer service.

So best to go directly through their site for ordering, I bet. Thanks for the heads up, it's a big enough investment, especially after my Suunto cobra DIED last month. Such is scuba!

So best to go directly through their site for ordering, I bet. Thanks for the heads up, it's a big enough investment, especially after my Suunto cobra DIED last month. Such is scuba!

Unless they have changed, you have to go through a dealer to purchase a housing. The only thing I've bought directly with them are small service items like o-rings and non-warranty repairs/replacements.

Back
Top Bottom