WTB Focus light for EP06 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba721

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a reasonably priced focus light. Preferably with a cold shoe adapter.

Thanks

"Reasonably Priced" is hard to gauge. In general a focus light now can serve three functions: focus light, video light, primary dive light. For that you want to start at 500lumens. There are a ton of options. If you really want to start shooting medium to wide video than 1200 lumens is a good starting point. Lines are getting blurred between Focus vs. Video lights.

"Focus lights"
Focus/Video Lights :: Focus Lights -
"Video lights"
Focus/Video Lights :: Video Lights -

Regarding your post for a diopter UCL or Subsea are excellent options. You really can't go wrong with either. You will need the diopter holder.
Lenses & Filters :: Macro Diopter Lenses -
Lenses & Filters :: Lens Holders & Adapters :: Olympus Macro Lens Adapter -

Thanks

For daytime, I just have the Fantasea light. With the OMDEM5 I rarely need anything, and it is light small, and inexpensive.

For night, I have the iTorch Pro4. As a matter of fact I have three of them, one for me, and two for my wife and her Stylus that shoots pretty darn good 1800i video. Besides that fact that iTorch is the best bang for the buck, it has some great features. It comes with two batteries, and is easy to change if needed. It has a very wide and bright pattern. It has three white and three red modes. For night dives i can use it as a light on low white, and quickly switch to low red to not spook and shoot a subject.

From a video perspective, here is some unedited video with the OMDEM5 and one ITorch Pro4:
[video=youtube_share;RM-bjPKg1ws]http://youtu.be/RM-bjPKg1ws[/video]

Thanks for the input. I just bought a SOLA Photo 800 and the UL long arm with the cold shoe adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom