How About A Color Correction Filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MedicDoug

Reaction score
Should I be using an underwater color correction filter? I read it helps with the blues and reds.

Video or stills?
If you are shooting videos, yes a filter helps a lot but if you are shooting stills, it's now worth much. If you are shooting stills with a strobe or flash it will cause more problems. You can do pretty much any color changes you need with a photo program, Photoshop Elements for example.

Yeah, I am just doing stills, but with some video, from the digital camera, I heard about the flash problem. I have some very good photo editing programs, Thanks.

Yes if you have good ambient light a color correction filter makes a difference. They are best in shallower water where there is light. Even if you want to work on it after its nice to start with some reds in the photo. The best solution is of course strobes but they are expensive and filters are a nice place to start.
Good luck
RickT

A poor's man filter that has the advantage of not changing the exposure.
Take an existing image in photoshop
Duplicate layer
Filter->blur->average on duplicate layer
Invert (Crl-I)
Overlay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom