gopro 3 underwater WB setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlackSapphireZ

Registered
Reaction score
say if i'm not using the red filter...

What setting do i need to have my gopro set at to get the most natural colors under water? will be diving 30ft depth

Thanks!

are my choices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Those ranges of colour temperature go from incandescent bulb to bright sky day
If those are the only choices you will need a red filter as in water you are easily above 7000-8000, the filter will warm up your range and add the few 1000s K you need

Those ranges of colour temperature go from incandescent bulb to bright sky day
If those are the only choices you will need a red filter as in water you are easily above 7000-8000, the filter will warm up your range and add the few 1000s K you need

thank you...i didnt like how i had to remove the outer lens housing to apply the filter...it will compromise the seal sooner or later

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You don't need to remove the outer lens. There are a few manufacturers making snap-on filters that you can attach or detach while in the water.

If you're going to be adjusting WB in post, I figure camera RAW would give you the cleanest image to work with. Other than that, I'm guessing the highest possible temperature you can set would be preferred, as you would rather have something that pushes more red into the shot.

White balancing requires not only temperature change but also tint change
Correcting WB in post processing only works for minimal adjustments otherwise noise is increased
With the degree of adjustment you can do with the gopro you need a filter if you want best results

Back
Top Bottom