Books on Underwater Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lydenerj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
My father is just getting into underwater photography. He is an avid reader and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on books that could help him. He just bought a digital camera after discovering the pressure was pushing in his flash button on deep dives. I was hoping to give him a good book on this topic for Christmas.

Thanks.

The Essential Underwater Photography Manual: A Guide to Creative Techniques and Key Equipment
Larry Tackett, Denise Nielsen Tackett

Its a nice one

BOBCO's suggestion is very good another one is: Master Guide for Underwater Digital Photography by Jack and Sue Drafahl. Your LDS might have it, Amazon probably, or you can get it direct from:

www.jackandsuedrafahl.com

I have attended lectures by this couple as well as the Tacketts at Our World Underwater in Chicago, IL.

No underwater shooter should be without Jim Church's Essential Guide to Composition

Learning to See Creatively is another good all-rounder.

Hit the aisles and find coffee table books with uw images - even the ones that you don't like can help with your own (or your father's) underwater photography. These may be best gotten from the library instead as they are a little pricey sometimes!

He'll also likely want a book to help with manipulation in the computer and there are several good ones out there for various programs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom