How can i minimize resudual drops of water on.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E Rick

Registered
Reaction score
How can i minimize residual drops of water on my lens when i take my camera and housing out of the water to take pictures....????? Is there any lens stuf????

Thank's Merci.:06:

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I do with my housing. Since cold air generally holds less moisture than hot, I load my camera into my housing in the coldest air conditioned room I can find (give housing and camera time to come to thermal equilibrium with the room temp). Once that cold dry air is subjected to the cold of the water, it is less likely to condense on the lens because there is simply less humidity in the case/camera.

Hope that helps some...

I've heard of some flks using RainX on their housing lens ports. I haven't tried that but plain old defog works pretty well.

Hey Rick,

I'd go along with Dee. I use de-fog on mine as I take a lot of topside stuff for customers and those pesky little drops are a pain.

Yes Dee i am talking about drops of water outside of my housing.... When am surfacing and want to take pictures...
(sorry for my poor english...)

E Rick!

Believe it or not, the best thing to do is lick your lens. A quick lick, then dunk and no drops.

Cecil:

What would you do with an 8" dome port? That would take a lot of lick!

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom