help blue pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Denture Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Im very new to underwater photography. I just returned from Cancun & Cosumel, all my shots seemed to be quite blue. I used the new Sea& Sea 750 with external strobe. Please can this be fixed on these photos, or do I have to go back to retake these photos {which wouldnt be to bad}\\

thanks Dan

You can edit them on your PC and it will help with the blue ish pictures, try http://picasa.google.com/index.html for a free program. Its very easy to use just make sure you only pick one folder to inport otherwise everytime you load it will load all your pictures on the PC (its a option when you install it).

dan, this is quite common... basically, your flash is not "hitting" the subject
and revealing its colors because you are too far away.

you're going to have to get closer to the subject. you should see improved
results.

like Mike said, it's a good idea to put all UW digital pics through a good program.
i use Photoshop, and just do the Quick Edit feature. makes a HUGE difference.

but the better quality pic you start with, the better end result, so get close with
that flash :wink:

here's the difference in Photoshop:

Some pictures (if the color can't be saved) look really good when converted to black and white. :D

your strobes have a range....anything beyond that will be in shades of blue...if you're not using strobes or flash use a red filter to bring out the natural color...

justleesa:
Some pictures (if the color can't be saved) look really good when converted to black and white. :D

Well said Lisa. Grey scale photos always retain their charm.
For future photos, use a red filter. It helps avoiding excessive blue and green colors.

Back
Top Bottom