Just an experimental site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pics need to be larger, they just look like thumbnails that need to be clicked to see a larger image

First, congrats on the new site! Overall, I like the look and feel.

Using Chrome on Windows, when you roll over "Things that were alive when I left them", the color doesn't cover all of the text correctly.

What's your goal? I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you're looking to teach more. Make that part of your top-level navigation and/or on your home page.

Let's start with that :)

Thanks for the advice (well, kind of advice).
I agree, the pics SHOULD be larger, but this is pretty much the only choice I'm given. As well as the line not displaying properly- not much I can do about it. Unless I upgrade to an actual .com type site which costs money, so far this experiment hasn't cost me anything. If it actually starts to pan out, I'll upgrade.

Scubamarketing, I have no idea what you're talking about. I understand about emphasis on teaching in the home page, but I'm lost when you refer to "top-level navigation" .

I understand the "work with what they give you" thought. You might want to try a shorter title than Things That Were Left Alive When I Left Them to see if the scrollover quirk gets corrected.

Nice pics! I like your site. It has me thinking about visiting some relatives in Fond Du Lac (and taking a dip or 2 at Green Bay) to pass the time until the next warm water trip.

I understand the "work with what they give you" thought. You might want to try a shorter title than Things That Were Left Alive When I Left Them to see if the scrollover quirk gets corrected.
That may be the answer, it's worth a shot. That line actually came from some movie I saw so long ago that I can't even remember the name of it!

Scubashine- it's getting close to ice out around here. Won't be long now!

I liked it. Congrats. What you have done far exceeds my abilities.

Your pictures are great!!! Thanks

Looks nice , you might consider using wordpress which will give you more options in the future and is one of the most powerfull content management systems available today.

Your menus seem the be too long for the background images that they show when you hover on them, you will need to replace the background images with longer ones.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom