New Cozumel based Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom@DiveAdvice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Website for a new liveaboard Moon Diver in cozumel is http://www.divingplaces.com

We will be offering a rate of $1875 pp for 7 nights all inclusive with 3-4 dives per day. I am happy to send you a comprehensive brochure with guaranteed departures if you send me a note to Dom@Diveadvice.com. My California partner Kirsten Treais at Amazing Adventures Travel will be offering same programs. We will be guaranteeing departures with minimum 2 pax for every first Monday each month. Its a beautiful boat so I anticipate that we won't have to operate with only 2 people !! Details of the Moon Diver will be on our website soon. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, finally............a Cozumel liveaboard! Terrific, hope to make a trip next spring sometime.

Wow, finally............a Cozumel liveaboard! Terrific, hope to make a trip next spring sometime.
Well, OK, but why? All the Coz dive sites are within an hour's boat ride from town.

They will run south from Playa del Carmen all the way down the Yucatan coastline to the Chinchorro Banks. I wouldn't mind trying that area.

I looked at the site. It appears they take in alot of sites in the region rather than 'staying' in Coz.

Well, OK, but why? All the Coz dive sites are within an hour's boat ride from town.

This isn't a bad idea...liveaboards are my favorite 'style' of diving due to the low-maintainance on the part of the divers...I think Bonaire might be another good live-aboard spot. I love diving, but hate logistics (schepping gear/tanks/weights all over the place...having to take a taxi everywhere.....set up/tear down gear all the time...herd cats trying to get a group to agree to do the same thing at the same time) honestly I want to DIVE, not screw around wasting time and energy getting to and fro, getting ready to dive. I think there is a slice of the diving market that 'gets it' and understands vacation means vacation, not being a little pack mule in the hot sun running around trying to get it together ...I'm there to only DIVE, not have to plan sh*t all the time!

sounds interesting. I would assume the boat is aimed at least partly at the US market, because it's close and you've provided pages sort of in English. A few suggestions-

- you might want to have a US English speaker or translator, ideally one who dives, go over the English pages as well as any forms. And best to make separate forms for English or it can confusing what needs to be filled out. I suspect things were translated using something like Google or Babelfish? (Especially given that one place on the form says "error traduciendo" which Google tells me means "translation error." :) ) Things are mostly understandable but there's some fairly cryptic things, and some items without meaning to US Divers.

- consider something other than "Payments will be accepted by bank transfer only." I realize this may be common in some parts of the world, but it's not typical in the US and may make potential US customers nervous. This alone might stop me from booking.

So is this boat already running, or when does it start? Does it run every week and only the 1st week is guaranteed departure with 2, or does it run only the first week at all? (The site says 12 people required for departure, is that the other weeks of the month?) When does it do the various itineraries mentioned? (Maybe this is all in your brochure but I want to read it on the web site.) I'm actually quite interested, but at the moment pretty confused. :confused:

Hmm. This looks cool and definitely bears follow up. I'd be interested in their Chinchorro route at a minimum. The "no Nitrox at this time" would cramp your style though.

I saw the boat a few weeks ago while I was in Puerto Aventuras and it made me take a big detour so I could look at it.

Next time I'm down there.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom