Event: Halloween Spook'n Dive @ Blue Grotto (Oct 25)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selrahc

Contributor
Reaction score
Event: Halloween Spook’n Dive!
Cost: $30 + BYOD + BYOP :) *see event notes
Date / Time: Saturday, Oct 25, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Dive Type: OW Cavern Dive / Costume Dive

Info:

highres_5528289.jpeg

The Central Florida Scuba Group is hosting its first annual Halloween Spook ’n’ Dive, and you are invited! This should be a frighteningly good time, with a costume contest (at 60 ft!), Pumpkin Carving Contest, Prizes, Good Food and fun!

Here is the tentative schedule:
* 8:00 – 9:30 AM Arrive & Check In.
* 9:30 AM Group Check-in
* 1:00 PM - Costume Contest Dive! Photos @ 60ft
* 3:00 PM - Pumpkin Carving Contest Judging
* Diving & Food Throughout the Day

About Location:
Blue Grotto is a freshwater cavern dive located in Northern Florida. Depths of the cavern reach 100ft, with dive platforms at 30 and 40ft, and a fresh air dive bell at 30ft. Only OW certification is required to dive the grotto.

About the Events:
This is a Halloween Dive Party! We have lots of fun planned. The main event will be the underwater costume contest. Come strut your stuff in costume at 60ft. We also have a pumpkin carving contest throughout the day. Prizes for both events include a chance to win prizes, gift certificates, fill cards and more!

This event is a BYOD event. Bring Your Own Dish. Please bring whatever food you would like to contribute to the event. Whatever it is that you cook and cook well. :popcorn:

We will also need volunteers to provide hamburgers, hotdogs, buns & condiments.

Ideas for things to bring include: Baked Beans, Potato Salid, Fruit Salid, Dogs, Burgers, 2 liter or Can Sodas, etc. Napkins, plates, forks, spoons and cups will be provided.
Please see the list at the bottom of this post to see what is being brought so far.

Fees:
Entrance Fee: $30 – Normal dive fee for Blue Grotto is $40. We are getting a 25% discount for the group. Dive fee is $30. In order to qualify for the rate, we must pay for the group at once. This means we will need to collect payment for the group and 1 person will pay.

We will be on-site when the grotto opens at 8:00 AM to set up. We will collect payment for diving up until 9:30 AM at which time we will make the payment for the first group. Please bring exact change in cash for the entrance fee to make things easier.

When we take payment your name will be put down on a list and you will also receive a receipt of payment. We will all check in at 9:30AM
Non-diving guest free with paying diving guest.

If you arrive late: Unfortunately, they will not allow us to check-in individually and still receive the group rate. If you arrive late, the fee for diving is $40. Group discounts are for 6 people or more, so if you are coming late as a group of 6 or more, you can still qualify for the group discount.

Carpooling: Is always recommended. Please post if you are looking to share a ride!

Fills & Rental Gear: Fills and rental gear are provided on-site.

Air Fills: $10 - 10 or more for $5 each
Nitrox Fills: $18 - 10 or more are $12 each
Tank Rental: $15 Air, $20 Nitrox

For fills, if 10 or more people need a fill, you get a discount for buying them at the same time.

Pumpkin Carving Contest:

highres_5528288.jpeg

BYOP! Bring your own Pumpkin! If you are planning to participate in the pumpkin Carving Contest, please bring your own non-carved pumpkin. They should be no larger than about 1ft wide.

Map of location: GOOGLE MAPS
Blue Grotto
3852 N.E. 172nd Court
Williston, FL 32696

Blue Grotto Homepage: BLUE GROTTO

RSVP:
Please post your RSVP for this event as soon as possible. You may RSVP by replying to this thread, or by RSVPing on the CFSG meetup. Also, please post a reply with what dish / food item you plan on bringing so we can add it to the list. Remember to bring your enterance fee in cash to make things easier, and to bring a pumpkin if you plan on carving up one :)

Additional Information:

Photographer needed. Do you have an underwater camera? If so, please bring it!

Please choose your costume carefully. Please take into account costumes that will dangeriously hender your vision or tangle up in your dive gear. Wearing make-up that will come off in water is also not recommended. We want to have fun and stay safe :D

RSVP can be made by visiting the Central Florida Scuba Group meetup and clicking on the event link ( www.CFScuba.com ) It's free to join!

RSVP FOOD SIGN-UP LIST
*Will be post on the thread and the cfsg site.*

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and start off the list for food. If you would like to add a dish, please reply with the most recient list and add your item to the list.

Your Name - What you are bringing.

CFSG - Plates, Cups, Napkins, Utensils, BBQ Tools.
Charles - 1 Pack of Hot Dogs, 1 Pack of Hot Dog Buns

Are there places to stay nearby?? Long trip from Bradenton in the morning??

Are there places to stay nearby?? Long trip from Bradenton in the morning??

There is a Motor Inn located in Williston. I hear its just a bed and don't know anything about what type of hotel it is. Has anyone out there stayed at this hotel?

Better hotels are located in Ocala and Gainesville which are located about 20-30 minutes south or north of Williston.

~ Sel

This sounds like a very interesting dive. I will probably attend as a spectator. How many do you expect to attend? What would you like me to bring?
I will spread info about this dive to buddies and see if anyone else would be interested.

Sorry guys, but I don't dive dark holes in the ground, not on purpose anyway! Y'all have fun.

>> Event Canceled <<

Something came up this weekend for me. I'm just found out I will be going out of town this weekend >.<.

Because of lack of confirmed participation so close to event date, and with myself also being out, we are going to go ahead and cancel the event.

Sorry all! We will try for this event again next year and will give far more advanced notice for the event.

:(

~ Sel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom