Jamaica Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pulpoloco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know Jamaica isn't a world class diving destination, but my son is heading down there to Sunset Beach resort this Saturday and would appreciate any first hand info. on dive shops there. Thanks.

Whenever I'm in Montego Bay, I use Shaka Dalley. He's a DM with the water sports concession at The Half Moon Hotel, east side of Montego Bay (maybe you could try calling first). He knows Montego Bay like the back of his hand.

If you get to dive, try for the Widow Maker. Its a hole in the top of the reef (about 60') that drops down into a room which opens out on the wall (about 85'). Cool.

Shaka is the man to see for sure , Hes currently with Captain Watersports who just started operating out of the New Secrets Wild Orchid Resort in Mobay. Shaka is legendary in the country and was the first ever diver on the island. He's even had part of a novel written about him, "Dive The Widowmaker" the character Ali is based on Shaka. Go see them if your in Mobay !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom