Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee3645

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are going to the Sunset House the 14th - 19th other than diving any suggestions on sites worth seeing or places to eat.

We stayed at SH for a week at the end of July. Two adults and two teenagers; we had one of the oceanview apartments with an adjoining double. Expensive, but worth it for the room.

We had the daily boat dive package. Despite renting a car with the intention of exploring the hinterlands, the two dives each morning pretty much tired us out for the rest of the day. Cheeseburger, fries, and cold Cay Brew beer for lunch at My Bar, and it was time for a nap. :D

It was still worth it to have a rental car, in order to buy munchies for the room, go out to dinner, or run out to a pharmacy. We also needed to get one regulator adjusted, and they only do that in town.

We did do Stingray City as a scuba dive. Kind of a touristy dive, but well worth it once. Bake sure you sign up early, because they get booked up -- they'll outsource you to another dive op (like Don Foster's) if they're full.

Other than that, we did a few shore dives, including night, and that was about it. Good vacation!

Yes, SH is a showing its age. But like they say, the beds are real comfortable -- my wife likes a very hard mattress, and I like a fairly soft one -- but we both agreed on the comfort. And that's one of the most important things if your'e staying someplace for a week!

lee,

Check out Cayman Activity Guide (try a google) it's got loads of ideas.

Also try Hammerheads Bar in George Town.

Enjoy GC - it's great.

Hope you have a great trip - here are restaurants we enjoy:
Casual - of course, Sunset House is great - we love the red conch chowder & fish sandwich.
Sunshine Suites - across from Westin is also great - good fries, sandwiches, soups... use to be a secret - now we try to hit off times;
Eats is also right there - good food; Legends Bar next to it with TVs, etc...

Our favorite is Calypso Grill! Out on Morgan's Harbor - North Sound; Love their Wahoo Escovitz. Call to make sure they are open - they close one month during the fall.
Enjoy!
Restaurant Dining by Boat | TowableTubesDirect.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom