Great Value on Raja Ampat Indonesia Liveaboard Trip - Many Extras - Nov 18-30, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2014 - Small Group Raja Ampat Trips
by City Seahorse (15th year in Raja Ampat!)
Information in this post is specific to the Nov 18-30, 2014 Trip.
Small Group Raja Ampat Trips - Limited Participation - "Value-Added"

Great opportunity to maximize your underwater vacation time.

For many years (10?) I've organized what I call "Value-Added" liveaboard trips in Raja Ampat.

In many cases the Value-Added trip price is similar to a "standard" liveaboard trip, even though I limit the guests to only 12 divers instead of the 16 a normal full charter would take.

You'll experience the best Raja Ampat has to offer, amazing reefs teeming with life, manta rays soaring above your head, odd critters discovered in their hiding places in the algae and rubble. Rock islands, pinnacles, narrow passages, deep bays - every dive site is unique - we know them well and can show you the best of everything.

You'll enjoy the assistance of my team, all of whom have several years experience working together to support my groups in Raja Ampat.

You'll also get more time underwater (unlimited bottom time + we try to offer 5 dives every day); be guaranteed to have guides who know the area and the dive sites; start your trip at 9AM on departure day (so that you'll get in an extra day of diving); enjoy an additional early light breakfast; and get help with your photography. There is more, but you can contact me directly to discover the rest.

Not a photographer, that's fine too. About 30% of my guests are not. I will organize you into a "dive team" of 3 or 4 with others who are not interested in photography, or are only casual photographers. You'll have your own dive tender and own dive guide!

On my trips you'll be guided by me and my Raja-Ampat-experienced team - topside and underwater.

U
nderwater Photography Assistance Included - formal or one-on-one will depend on number of divers who want instruction.

Nov 18 - 30, 2014 (available - 12 days trip)
12 Diving Days & 12 Nights on Board

Can promise same gender cabin mate if you travel solo so no single supplement.
Also, one guaranteed single cabin available (extra cost).

Nov 1 - 15, 2014 (full with wait list - 14 days trip - ask)

Raja Ampat Liveaboard

Route: Sorong - Sorong: see Sample Itinerary for Raja Ampat Dive Trip

12 guest divers maximum.
Approximately 51 dives offered.
Unlimited bottom time.
Guaranteed Raja Ampat experienced team (cruise director, dive guides, photo pro, trip leader)

Please read about it:

This trip departs Sorong Nov 18, 9AM, diving first (Nov 18) and last (Nov 29) days. Return to port Nov 29
approx. 9PM (overnight on the ship), depart Nov 30. Total 12 days of diving and 12 nights aboard the liveaboard ship.

Great trip for underwater photography or video - any level from beginner to professional.

Arrange your International travel - we'll organize the rest. Happy to provide assistance with your International itinerary to/from Indonesia and book domestic Indonesia flights, hotels and side trips.

Ask about an inexpensive extension to visit Orangutans in Borneo or additional diving in Ambon, Lembeh, or Bali before or after the liveaboard cruise.

For more information or to ask about booking -
PM, email the address on my sig file, or call for details.

Last edited:
At the moment have 2 spaces available for this trip again. Please contact me if you emailed before and were told it was full.

And again. The trip was full, then one couple cancelled on May 28. Currently have 2 spaces available for this Nov 18-30, 2014 trip - the only spaces available on my value-added charters until 2015.

Im interested. What is the extra charge for the single cabin please?

Im interested. What is the extra charge for the single cabin please?

Prefer to discuss details offline - prefer by email since I'm traveling and phone isn't an easy option until after June 19 - and sometimes can't get scubaboard to load. We (you and I) need to determine if you would like the sort of trip I run, and also get straight on costs & conditions.

People booked on this specific trip are mostly coming solo (2 couples - the rest solo) and are a mix of award-winning photographers, beginning photographers, and some not taking photos. I'll make dive "teams" based on the experience and goals of each diver.

BTW, we do allow solo diving once divers are checked out to be sure they know what they are doing.

I'll send a scubaboard PM and you can email me at cityseahorsetours@gmail.com. (Tried to reply and send PM this morning (Sunday) but scubaboard was down for maintenance).

Could use another Canadian to add to the group which is now from Canada, USA, Australia, NZ, Argentina and Italy!

I'm traveling too but having more success with Facebook and SB than email but I'll try. I'll probably be one of your non-photographers. Recently was on Dewi Nusantara in Raja Ampat, whereon I may have been the only non.

I'm traveling too but having more success with Facebook and SB than email but I'll try. I'll probably be one of your non-photographers. Recently was on Dewi Nusantara in Raja Ampat, whereon I may have been the only non.

Facebook works well for me too most of the time. Search FB for Raja Ampat Liveaboard Diving - City Seahorse Specialty Dive Trips
or go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raja...ty-Seahorse-Specialty-Dive-Trips/233210849481

Not a problem for non-photographer. We just separate the different interests so that everyone gets to do what they want during the dives. I have a rule that divers not taking photos get 1st chance to look over any critter found by dive guides.

FYI. This trip, Nov 18-30, 2014 is full. I have no space still available in 2014 (unless a "last-minute" cancellation - email to get on a wait list), but some space available on 2015 trips.

Sorry you Missed our Raja Ampat trip!

This was an incredibly great trip. Don't have adjectives sufficient to describe it.

Sorry you missed it!

Guests are posting photos and videos on Facebook. I'm trying to share as much as I can on my business page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raja...ty-Seahorse-Specialty-Dive-Trips/233210849481

Example GoPro video posted to Vimeo by Alan Smith (newbie GoPro diver):

alan-smith-vimeo.jpg

2015 has space available on 3 trips. I'll be posting them to scubaboard as time permits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom