Tusa Imprex ProCubic 3 dump valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there, I'm desperately trying to fix my Imprex BCD. It's in great shape with the exception of the kidney dump valves, both of which the strings have rotted off. I've been advised by numerous people to service these valves myself, and am game, except the caps don't want to come off and I don't want to force them. I assumed they'd screw off but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone advise me on how to get the kidney dump valves apart so i can replace the string with some nylon line.

Hey there, I'm desperately trying to fix my Imprex BCD. It's in great shape with the exception of the kidney dump valves, both of which the strings have rotted off. I've been advised by numerous people to service these valves myself, and am game, except the caps don't want to come off and I don't want to force them. I assumed they'd screw off but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I just had to replace the pull cord on my TUSA kidney dump valve and encountered the same problem - at least, I did until I used a "mole grip" - aka locking or vice wrench. (Which, inevitably, was only after I'd tried to prise the cap off, spearing my palm with a screwdriver in the process.)

I then discovered that the cap will unscrew, but it does seem to require a remarkable amount of force, and is made all the harder as there's nothing to hold whilst you're trying to unscrew the cap except the fabric of the BCD.

Thankfully the valve seems robust enough to withstand being clamped in a vice wrench.

They are a pain but will unscrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom