Pics from Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Got back from Indonesia on Sunday ... since I'm still adjusting to the time zone changes, I had some time this morning to work on a photo show.

Indonesia, March 2008 - PhotoShow Circle

Have to admit, for the first time I really felt the limitations of a simple little point-n-shoot camera ... no way it can do justice to the subject matter. Some of the subjects are so tiny you can barely see them with the naked eye ... and some are so big or so distant that a strobe and a better lens are needed for a decent shot. But such as they are, enjoy the show ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank you for the photographs, they are very good. I can't believe it was done with a 'point and shoot' camera. The colours are spectacular. Are you going to post a trip report?

Nice shots, Bob. Looks like you hit all the hot spots. Bali, Lembeh, and Komodo National Park? What live-aboard were you on?

Very nice photos!!! Looks like you had a great trip!

Wow! Those are very, very nice. As a diver with only a few ocean dives under my belt, I was wondering if you can see most of these during the day, or do most of these creatures come out after dark?

Signed,

Jealous in cold Ohio

Thank you for the photographs, they are very good. I can't believe it was done with a 'point and shoot' camera. The colours are spectacular. Are you going to post a trip report?
I'm working on a trip report, but it's going to take a few days. I have a lot of catching up to do at work, and I have an AOW class coming up this week-end that I have to prepare for.

great stuff! you didn't call about that beer though...
Time just didn't permit, Mike ... however, I'll share with you that Cheng and I are discussing another trip next year to locate a property to lease for our retirement.

Nice shots, Bob. Looks like you hit all the hot spots. Bali, Lembeh, and Komodo National Park? What live-aboard were you on?
We used the Pelagian ... Wakatobi's boat. They only do one trip a year to Komodo, and we were lucky enough to be on it. A picture of the boat's in the photo show, and I have to say that I'd go with them again in a heartbeat ... it was a first-class experience all the way.

Wow! Those are very, very nice. As a diver with only a few ocean dives under my belt, I was wondering if you can see most of these during the day, or do most of these creatures come out after dark?
The majority of our dives were during the daytime ... but we did make an effort to do several night dives. The shots in the photo show are from both daytime and night dives.

great shots, thanks for sharing.. what kind of camera are u using?
Casio Exilim Z1000 with standard Casio housing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom