New Bonica HDDV Camcorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcpilot44

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used the new Bonica Camcorder? How is the quality of the still photos from a camcorder, can I use one instead of also buying a UW camera? Thanks

i've just purchased one. will go on a dive trip in mid Feb. be able to tell whether its worthwile after the trip. using it on land, it is quite satisfy. still picture get 8mp image (3200x2400) Using a 1GB card can take 32 min of video. I am going to try to see whether it will support a 4GB card very soon. i have also purchased a red filter. am not sure whether i will get a wide angle lens which is also avaliable from Bonica

The new Bonica HDDV spec.:
This HDDV is rebranded as Bonica Snapper HDDV. The OEM is Aiptek Z5X2 HD
1280 x 720 30fps
3 x optical zoom auto focus
2.4" TFT LCD
Built-in LED video/flash light
CMOS 2592 x 1944
Video resolution: HD (1280 x 720) @ 30fps; D1 (720 x 480) @ 30fps; CIF (352 x 240) @ 30fps
Digital Still resolution: 8M (3200 x 2400); 5M (2592 x 1944); 3M (2048 x 1536)
Support MOV (H.264); JPEG; WAV
Built-in 4MB internal memory
SD Card up to 32GB
Lens: F3.6~F6.7, f=7.5~21.5mm
Focal distance: 30cm ~ ∞
Micro distance: 5cm ~30cm
White balance: automatic; clear sky; cloudy day; incandescent lamp; fluorescent lamp
Exposesure compensates: Automatic; EV: +2 ~ -2
Picture effect: normal; black and white; remember past times
Microphone;
Night scene pattern;
Speaker;
Recording function;
TV out: HDTV/NTSC/PAL
Auto photographs: 10 seconds
Automatic shut off: 1/ 3/ 5 minute
Connection: USB 2.0 remote controls
Battery: NP-60 1000mA lithium
Power source battery charger or USB

Hi
I'm thinking of getting the hddv. How is the digital noise level without a light?? How is the auto focus?
Thanks

you don't really need the light unless it is extremely dark or night dive. I took it out for a night dive with a Sony Video Light. It turns out okay. Without light, noice level is not too too bad. Auto focus a bit slow, when zooming while videoing, autofocus took a few second to catch up sometime. DSP got a little bit delay, need to get use to. You will definitely need a red filter, but don't by the OEM filter. It is on the greenish side. I use my Sony filter, and it works out okay.

You can see some video I took with the HDDV and NO strobe or housing....I just used the skin. IF you go to youtube.com and type in diverightinscuba with no spaces and you will see a shark dive we did recently at the Mall of America. The video looks alot better on a HD TV, youtube doesnt emit in HD, so it doesnt look as good.....

Here is a link:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.=

We just became a dealer and I fell in love with it. For the price, you really cant beat it :wink:

IF you go to youtube.com and type in diverightinscuba with no spaces and you will see a shark dive we did recently at the Mall of America.

Underwater Shark limbo contest, or is that not what the poles are for? :D

One of ou instructors sold his standard version and got the HD version and really likes it. He said he got some nice footage out here in the cold and dark CA costal waters, but he used the accessory light they sell to go with it.

Has anyone used the new Bonica Camcorder? How is the quality of the still photos from a camcorder, can I use one instead of also buying a UW camera? Thanks
The stills aren't very good. The auto settings give too slow a shutter speed to keep the photos sharp. The video is pretty good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom