GoPro addicted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hodge Podge

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading off to Caymans in about two weeks with my new rig.
Is this over kill or what

1- GoPro Hero in standard underwater case
1- GoPro Hero in Eye-O-Mine case with CY filter modification
1-GoPro Hero2 in Snake River Prototyping, LLC. housing with video monitor an CY filter
1- Sea & Sea Dx-2G with 2-YS-55 strobes
GEH_9760.jpg

LOL I think you should point them in a few different directions unless you want some 4D footage :D

Kind of defies the point of using a compact gopro :D, but Ive got 2HD1's and a HD2 mounted and lined up for some testing too.

Will be interesting to see how the HD2 will handle the filters, if they actually have better low light capture this should improve the image in theory but will see if that plays out in practice. I havent taken mine underwater yet but have seen some footage and looks like the auto white balance tends to be more yellow from the few UW videos ive seen with no filter using a HD2.

720P video is much better with the HD2 over the HD1 but not much different in 1080P except now being able to use 170fov in 1080.

Back
Top Bottom