Old stuff from LDS basement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClevelandDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My LDS had to move because the building they were in was sold. They have a bunch of old stuff down the basement that I told him people might be interested in. The list includes: Hans Hass DecoBrain, platicshell and bands for triples, old double hose parts, 2 dacor nautalis bcds, 2 kirby morgan ( I think) helmets, old steel tanks of various sizes, old valves and manifolds and a bunch of other stuff I have not been able to sort through (basement lights are out, we has to use a flashlight).

ScoobieDoo and Turtleguy have first dibs on the nautalis BCDs, everything else is fair game. If there is something old you are looking for, let me know and I will check with the owner to see if he has the item. All sales and negoitations will be handle by the dive shop, I'm just helping him get the word on the street as he has yet to embrace the internet.

ClevelandDiver:
My LDS had to move because the building they were in was sold. They have a bunch of old stuff down the basement that I told him people might be interested in. The list includes: Hans Hass DecoBrain, platicshell and bands for triples, old double hose parts, 2 dacor nautalis bcds, 2 kirby morgan ( I think) helmets, old steel tanks of various sizes, old valves and manifolds and a bunch of other stuff I have not been able to sort through (basement lights are out, we has to use a flashlight).

ScoobieDoo and Turtleguy have first dibs on the nautalis BCDs, everything else is fair game. If there is something old you are looking for, let me know and I will check with the owner to see if he has the item. All sales and negoitations will be handle by the dive shop, I'm just helping him get the word on the street as he has yet to embrace the internet.

I'd be interested in the helmets for sure. Let me know what he wants for them and maybe post a couple pics if you can. Thanks.

I am trying to get back in there with a long extension cord (power is out in most of the basement), a high powered light, my C8 dive light and a digital camera. It is kinda like a salvage dive with out the water....

I will post pics as soon as I get them. The challenge is getting him to go back to the old shop with me. He never seems to have the time, even though I keeping telling him he could get some cash for this old stuff. Oh well.

Update: Owner is NOT interested in selling the dive helmets. Sorry for the confusion. I am pushing on him to bring the double hose parts up just to see what he has, but he doesn't seem all that enthusiastic about doing it. He is reluctant to quote me any prices on anything either. I will keep trying, but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too high.

Why do people sit on this stuff as if there was some great future monetary value on it. The reality is that as the rubber rots, the metal corrodes, the pieces get lost it becomes worthless for anything other than looking at. The pieces and parts need to get to the market so they can be used while they still have some value and useability. There ultimately is a shelf life. If he is worried about liability have them throw them into the trash dumpster at a specified time and you can come by and pick it all out---jeeez. N

Please let me know if there are any Manifolds.

INTERESTED IN MANIFOLD OF OLDER 3/4
SINGLE OUTLET IN THE MIDDLE .

MICHAEL 415-846-2450 CALL

Please let me know if there are any Manifolds.

INTERESTED IN MANIFOLD OF OLDER 3/4
SINGLE OUTLET IN THE MIDDLE .

MICHAEL 415-846-2450 CALL

WaterBoy good luck I am sure most of the stuff hase long sense been dealt with. as the thread was from Aug. of 2005

Water boy, I tried to call you. No answer. I have one or two of the old single outlet manifolds.

Back
Top Bottom