Anyone ever see one of these before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is just a hookah rig that Johnson/Evinrude sold (I think in the 70's).

That one is missing the flotation rind buoy that goes around it and held by those two tubes.
It actually looks like it may be missing some other stuff. Some had a fiberglass fairing. This one may be missing it.
It also came with hoses and second stage demand valve.

When I was a teenager a friend had one of those. Yes, that one is missing some items including the fairing and tube. A truck inner tube should work. Max depth was about 30 feet.

The OMC (Outboard Marine) corporation of yore is long gone like so many real companies. OMC was the maker of Johnson, Evinrude and Lawnboy. That unit has a Lawnboy engine, unique in that era of Clinton and B&S four stroke small industrial engines, the Lawnboy was a two stroke engine.

Lawnboy (name) was sold to Toro holdings, Evinrude and Johnson (names) were sold to BRP.

N

One of those gave me my first underwater breathing experience beyond a snorkel. I tried a long snorkel first though. Must have been about 14 years old. Never got over it and still like pressurized air 45 years later.

Take a look at that seller's feedback - about 83% positive. He disputes the latest negative, but there a number more.

we had one decades ago, we used to take it on airplanes with the gas engine! my wife loved to block the tube so I could not breathe! ours was rated for 45 feet.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom