Terms of Service and Rules
Welcome to ScubaBoard: the world's largest community of scuba diving enthusiasts dedicated to sharing the wonders of our underwater world in a fun, safe and friendly environment. Our focus is to advance safety, knowledge and enjoyment within the diving community by encouraging the mutual exchange of experiences, ideas and opinions. We sincerely hope you enjoy and benefit from your extended surface interval with us.
To participate on ScubaBoard by posting, sending messages or uploading, you agree to abide by the following:
Terms of Service (ToS)
ScubaBoard is a friendly forum (interactive computer service) based on mutual respect. All user generated contents are the opinions of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ScubaBoard or Intermedia Publications, Inc. While ScubaBoard or Intermedia Publications, Inc. are not responsible for posts' content, authenticity or accuracy, they retain copyright privileges to all user generated content. ScubaBoard reserves the right to edit, remove, or retain any post.
Moderators are volunteers and are not employees or agents of ScubaBoard or Intermedia Publications, Inc. While the Moderators will do their best to keep the forum civil, it's impossible for them to review every post. If any post seems to violate the spirit of mutual respect, please use the "Report Post" button at the bottom of the post to notify the moderation team. The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the ToS. When they deem it in the best interest of ScubaBoard, they may edit or delete any content posted on the site. They may suspend users when they deem it is necessary.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- No post should exceed a "PG" rating (link). Profane, racial, bigoted, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here and this includes any sort of harassment or cyber bullying. Sexism is a form of bigotry and is not tolerated on ScubaBoard. Content portraying anyone in a sexual or demeaning manner will be deleted, including in the Pub. Images must be no more revealing than those found in a typical travel magazine.Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate permanent suspension. There is never sufficient reason to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate, instead use the "Report Post" at the bottom of each post to notify us. Trolling posts or off-topic posts (hijacking) may be moderated or removed.
- Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is your posts or threads must be relevant to the forum or thread in which you are posting.
- Spamming or attempting to recruit our membership (by PM, Visitor Message or otherwise) other than through authorized use of our commercial (market place) forums is expressly forbidden.
- The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited and grounds for suspension.
- ScubaBoard Moderators may at their discretion, remove any post which advocates unsafe diving practices as defined by the major certification agencies of the scuba diving world. While ScubaBoard does not take an official position on these matters, ScubaBoard does encourage users to maintain safe diving practices. You and you alone are responsible for your diving safety.
- There are certain forums where special rules are applicable. These rules are part of the ToS for those forums; acknowledgement and compliance apply as with other ToS conditions.
- Membership is a privilege, and ScubaBoard reserves the right to deny service to any person with or without cause or notification. If a member who has been denied service or whose content has been moderated feels that these actions were unfair, an appeal may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Each appeal will be reviewed by senior moderators who were not previously involved in the issue that led to the appealed suspension or moderation decision.
- ScubaBoard reserves the right to add to or amend the ToS without any prior warning or consent from its users. By completing your registration, you agree that your ScubaBoard participation will conform to any such additions or amendments to the ToS.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.