January 28th 2010
B

January 28th 2010

Kata Beach/Koh Pu dive
First shots with Nikon L20 + Ikelite Ultra Compact housing

An update on my first sojourn with my new camera...
Right off the mark, I'm pretty pleased with the camera and housing but since I only had 15 hours (9 of which were sleep and the rest catching up with my friend who had just arrived and brought me the camera) before using it underwater, I didn't have time to figure out the settings and all. I definitely need to work on the White Balance. One thing I'm not crazy about is the orientation of the trigger on the housing - it's really awkward. And the fact that I can't adjust the ISO period is annoying. Also not crazy about the use of disposable batteries... I really wish the camera was rechargeable. To mitigate I'm going to purchase rechargeable batteries as I can't find anywhere to dispose of batteries responsibly here in Phuket.
All in all, I'm pleased with the camera and housing and think I made the right choice for my very first purchase. As I said before, I'm not sure that I'll invest much more into UW photography, but this is a great way to capture memories while underwater.
These are just a few of the "better" photos (ugh) - this is gonna take A LOT of practice!
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
beaner
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media