ManOWar
Portuguese ManOWar....yep we got em in NC... they pack an excruciating punch that will scar your skin, can be fatal in children...look up when surfacing for this colonial hydroid.
yeah, sorry, I had to pass on jumping in with the camera with this guy. You know, where there is one, there are thousands, and their tentacles can be 30 ft.long, and boats and storms.....and pieces of tentacle all over the place, I just had a bad feeling about jumping in there with this guy.

Judy, Have you ever seen a live specimen of the Colonial Hydroid Syphonophore Physalia? I see you rated my photo a 4, and I agree that it is not that great, but considering it was taken from a rocking boat in 4 foot seas with tough lighting situation.......should have at least got me a 5....why you keep givin me genus/species on my photos...you a Marine Bio student? I was very close to a BS in Marine Bio....but changed my mind on career choice for financial reasons....just do a lot of diving now, which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

Media information

Category
Marine Invertebrates
Added by
fpsndiver
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back