So, you want to be a Dive Master?
Shaka Doug

So, you want to be a Dive Master?

Here's my buddy Scott working on his Dive Master training. This is his "become one with the marine life" execise. (It's a new requirement they told me, um, it just got added to the list, yeah, that's it.)
and is illegal, if I recall correctly... isn't approaching or purposely swimming with marine mammals against the law in just about every civilized country?!?

Great photo.

As to the other person's comments. it depends largely on the animal species and local laws. As an example, it is illegal to swim to a manatee and bother them, but if they come to you it is lawful and allowable to play with them as long asthey are free to leave of their own accord. Other animals are similar.

Does anyone notice the satellite transmitter and the black glue scar on his back? This was, at one time, a captive seal. He was already used to being around people before we ever encountered him. We didn't ask him to do this, he was very rambunctious and wouldn't leave us alone. There were probably twenty people present at a public beach. The people were in the water before the seal showed up and started to play. What would you do if he came up to you to play? I love animals and was not afraid of this seal. I did keep a close watch on how the rest of the people were dealing with him and everything was pretty cool. It was a fantastic experience and I'll probably never get to do it again. Enjoy the photo everyone! It reminds me of why I love this sport so much.

Media information

Category
Miscellaneous
Added by
Shaka Doug
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back