Hub System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molksmith:
Hey Folks,
Just looking into some BC/REg Packages.
What is your opinion of the HUB system?

Thanks in Advance

The problem with the HUB is you can't do a search, as the seachengine in the board needs more than 3 characters :11:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........................

Try Mares

Or Faluire point :wink:

Or both, that will really nail it :eyebrow:

The bottom line has always appeared to be:

A lot of money for a piece of gear that is less functional, more failure prone, full of weird hoses and connectors, and more dangerous than "separate" gear you can buy for a similar, or lower, price.

It's a great piece of gear to stand on if you can't quite reach the top shelf, but I wouldn't buy one to dive in.

I thought it looked like a lot of bells and whistles. I want to buy a BCD because I always end up making due with whatever the dive shop or charter has. I wanted to get something that was mine and fit me right.
I wasn't sur which route to go. BP/W seems pretty advanced. I have a little less than 100 dives.
BP/W seem like a great idea. How easy is it to adjust to?
Any recommendations for a particular brand or style of BP/W?

I got my bp/wing with about 25 or 30 dives and haven't looked back since. I know two people who got theirs with less than 10 dives and they were super impressed.

Any backplate will do, be sure your wing is specifically made for single tank diving (Halcyon Pioneer/Eclipse, Dive Rite Venture, etc). Just get what is cheapest locally.

OK, before the HUB bash fest commences, the original poster looks like he has already decided against the HUB..

molksmith:
I thought it looked like a lot of bells and whistles. I want to buy a BCD because I always end up making due with whatever the dive shop or charter has. I wanted to get something that was mine and fit me right.
I wasn't sur which route to go. BP/W seems pretty advanced. I have a little less than 100 dives.
BP/W seem like a great idea. How easy is it to adjust to?
Any recommendations for a particular brand or style of BP/W?

You've got plenty of experience. A lot of people go to the bp/w because it gets weight off your belt and keeps things simple. At least that's why I converted from my Zeagle Tech. I also liked having space on my straps to mount my lights and knife. BC's seam to have so much padding and pockets that there is any room.

See if you can dive one some time. We have shops in the my area (seattle) that will rent them out. Do a search on back plates and you will end up with a wealth of info from this site.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom