Pitbull vs Porcupine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a rule I get a bit riled at any suffering animal experience but that is hysterical. :f:

gitterdun:
OMG!! Is she okay?

I have no idea, not sure what the story is behind those pics. My friend forwarded them to me with no details.

By far the worst case I have seen.

Snowbear:
I'll take that bet!

I used to work as a vet tech. There was a pair of dogs who just got madder and madder at the porcupines. Each time they attacked one, they would try harder to kill it. It got pretty expensive for the owners as it took longer and longer for the surgery to get all the quills out from down in their throats and airways:11:

I don't know if the owners eventually wised up and kept the dogs on leashes.

I agree, I know several dogs who have been to the vet 5+ times to get quills removed, they never learn. Some get hit once and call it quits though, guess it depends on the dog.

M

Snowbear:
I'll take that bet!

I used to work as a vet tech. There was a pair of dogs who just got madder and madder at the porcupines. Each time they attacked one, they would try harder to kill it. It got pretty expensive for the owners as it took longer and longer for the surgery to get all the quills out from down in their throats and airways:11:

I don't know if the owners eventually wised up and kept the dogs on leashes.

You're right on Snowbear, As a Vet here in Central Washington State I see numerous dogs go after Porq's time after time after time . My two biggest winners were both Lab mixes. "Sam" and "McGruff" both had the clinic record of 12 visits during their lifetimes. Sam is actually still alive but he's so arthritic he can't catch them now. Many of which were equally a bad as the PB in the picture. I thought about offering a "buy and dozen" and get the next visit free. In both cases it would have been a lot cheaper to build a fence. But then again, it pays the electricity bill! :42: Ken

PS: Sorry you didnt' like the "Arktos" name enough to name the boat :wink:

That's got to be painful... i hear about what procupines do and that they could let things go, but I thought it was like on or two... that is amazing - biologically, not for the dog of course. Looks "calm" just standing there... but be the numbness of the pain!

Aqua Buoy:
That's got to be painful... i hear about what procupines do and that they could let things go, but I thought it was like on or two... that is amazing - biologically, not for the dog of course. Looks "calm" just standing there... but be the numbness of the pain!
The dog mostly did it to himself.... Porcupines don't "shoot" their quills, though they do "slap" with their tails ... the dog had to be trying to maul the porcupine to get that many in him. Also, porcupines don't move very fast, they kinda waddle with high speed being a fast walk for a human.

kazinvan:
You know who won....

Mike

PS: Not my dog, lucky for me

I'd say the dog won. Stupid but extremely fierce animals in any species don't get enough respect if you ask me. I bet it never once crossed the porcupine's mind that he was winning that fight..... :14:

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom