Laser Hair Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to say that you won't only see that in Switzerland...but also in France...Germany... most European countries are/were unshaved....but thank goodness that now mostly the younger generations are picking up a shaver....

Oh my God, this is SUCH a cliché... We french women have bare legs and armpits. I have not met a single french girl (more than 14 years-old) with hairy armpits !

And also : we don't shave, we wax , which makes our skin much smoother :D

DiveMe:
Ladies, if you've thought about LHR but haven't been sure about whether to do it or not, DO IT, it is SO worth it! :D
thanks!!!

So how much is it? For like a chest or something.

Well after reading all the posts about LHR, I finally made my appointment (after thinking about it for a long time). For those who have commented on hair making a "comeback", I look at it this way - whether or not it is "fashionable" I still have to live with it and I don't want to be living with hair!

CMT, let us know how it goes!!! I like waxing but I can't do it to myself!! Also takes to long before you can wax again, and I hate the inbetween time!

hnladue:
CMT, let us know how it goes!!! I like waxing but I can't do it to myself!! Also takes to long before you can wax again, and I hate the inbetween time!

I will definitely do that Heather. My consultation is Saturday. I have also been a waxer but every three weeks really gets to me (fast re-growth here) so I am looking forward to a hair free existence - well, at least starting with my BZ bikini line for now... :D

Gidds, Waxing is WAY more painful than laser.
Even though I wax other areas no problem, I could not handle a brazilian bikini wax AT ALL, but laser is no problem. I was also getting ingrowns from waxing, which the laser removed, and they've never come back.
The laser is adjusted to your comfort level. Usually, you begin with a consultation and patch test, where they try out different strengths on the areas you are interested in. The technician works with the range of levels that work for your skin/hair type. You usually decide together what level you can tolerate.

As the hair becomes finer and starts to disappear, they will usually increase the level, perhaps each visit - always within your tolerance level. This is because finer hair needs a higher/different setting and you only feel the laser if there is a hair in the shaft. So if there is no hair, you feel no pain. So what you may have been able to just tolerate the first time will be like nothing to you the second or third time, etc - because there is less/no hair.

My technicians (at LCI - Lasercom Clinics International - in Toronto) have told me that to get the best results, you choose the highest setting that you can tolerate. Not really painful, just not too comfy either.
Laser is a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it! As a diver, and just as a woman, I love not having to worry about waxing (or shaving) and the times in-between, and always being ready and smooth. What convenience! Definitely no regrets! :sunny

Ayisha knows what she's talking about, that's for sure!! I've never waxed, mostly because the idea of ripping the hair out of my body sounds WAY too painful for me, and was pleasantly surprised at how unpainful laser is. Interestingly enough, my bikini line and underarms haven't been painful at all, but there were spots on my legs that made me cringe a few times. The tech said that because the ankle area on my legs is basically skin and bone that it's much more sensitive. It wasn't so uncomfortable that I couldn't take it, but I was glad when she moved the laser to another spot! :wink:

I have a girlfriend who finds the entire process on any part of her body to be extremely uncomfortable, so they give her a topical cream that reduces the discomfort. She goes to a different clinic than I do, so it might have something to do with the equipment they are using on her. I know it isn't the GentleLase system though. However, everyone's reaction to the laser will be different, depending on your pain tolerance level. I'm lucky to have extremely high pain tolerance.

I have to say that I've never minded shaving, and only started doing this because of my bikini line bumps/irritation that I couldn't get rid of. Frankly, it's the best gift I could have ever given myself!! :D

cmt489:
I will definitely do that Heather. My consultation is Saturday. I have also been a waxer but every three weeks really gets to me (fast re-growth here) so I am looking forward to a hair free existence - well, at least starting with my BZ bikini line for now... :D
Hey neighbour!

Mind if I ask where you're going for your consultation? (I've had laser done for my bikini area and am currently working on my pits, and went to the Arbutus Laser Centre.)

Well had my first appointment today. So far, so good. Uncomfortable but not painful. Will keep you advised on the progress... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom