echizen kurage anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dherbman:
I don't think so....
Look again. The diver appears in the foreground with the jellyfish in the background. The jellyfish are only six feet across. This jellyfish would have to be much larger.

The diver in the faked photo wouldn't be tailing the jellyfish there anyway without getting stung like the devil; still the fact that this critter can hit 2 meters in diameter is pretty amazing.

Didn't see the diver photo. Clearly a PS job.

How about the beached shot? I also saw a few shots elsewhere that appeared genuine.

dherbman:
Didn't see the diver photo. Clearly a PS job.

How about the beached shot? I also saw a few shots elsewhere that appeared genuine.
THe beach shot looks also looks obviously faked to me. The photo in the original post looks genuine, though. It's not that I have a hard time believing in giant jellyfish (the lion's mane up here get pretty big), but I've looked at enough "Weekly World News" magazines in supermarket lineups to be able to recognise a badly-faked photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom