Real Estate is paradise... how do they do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have contemplated the notion that you are thinking on. I'm thinking the best way to go is to buy an island, something nice, some flat land for an airstrip, mountain for a nice view and 200 ft viz.

Then, declare yourself dictator, declare war on the US! They come in blow the hell out of your island. Then they come in, rebuild it, provide plenty of revenue from foreign aid! Posture yourself as a benevolent dictator, and there you have it! Everybody else is taking advantage of this, why shouldn't we?? :D

RumBum:
Amazonian wildland is probably cheap. Third world undeveloped islands probably go for pennies, too. But then you have to figure out what to do about things like electricity, phone, sanitation. Oh, and of course you still need an income from somewhere. :D

Just a note... when I was cruising around on the boat today just for fun and when I saw the sunset over the ocean this evening, it still seemed like paradise. I have the best job in the world and I live well every day.

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom