Essentials of Recreational Diving - the DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my order in for the Intro to Tech DVD -- looks like it's going to be even better than the first one.

Great DVD! Watching AG performing the skills over and over again helps me understand how they are done. Now I have the clear pictures in my mind how to Do it Right! Just ordered the Intro to Tech DVD. I would recommend this DVD to anyone. (much better than GUE DVD, which is a waste of money)

I've just ordered Intro to Tech and I'm waiting the info about shipping date.

Thanks all for the orders of the Intro To Tech DVD. We have had an overwhelming number of orders. We have processed (not billed) all the orders we have received. and will be shipping on Feb 15, 2006. Thanks again for the support. I promise you you will not be disappointed with it. Our favorite is the "Grease Pencil" like illustrations with the accompanying voice overs. :thumbs-up

5thd-X Team

5thD-X:
Thanks all for the orders of the Intro To Tech DVD. We have had an overwhelming number of orders. We have processed (not billed) all the orders we have received. and will be shipping on Feb 15, 2006. Thanks again for the support. I promise you you will not be disappointed with it. Our favorite is the "Grease Pencil" like illustrations with the accompanying voice overs. :thumbs-up

5thd-X Team
Voice overs would be good. As good as the essentials was at showing how to look when doing something correctly, I was a bit disappointed at the lack of speach and instructions on the DVD. Impressive diving, and good to look at, but not great at "explaining" anything.

Hopefully taken as just a constructive criticism as it was meant. I like the DVD and will order the tech one right now... especially since it has voice overs :)

Chris

cmalinowski:
Voice overs would be good. As good as the essentials was at showing how to look when doing something correctly, I was a bit disappointed at the lack of speach and instructions on the DVD. Impressive diving, and good to look at, but not great at "explaining" anything.

Hopefully taken as just a constructive criticism as it was meant. I like the DVD and will order the tech one right now... especially since it has voice overs :)

Chris

Chris,

First, let me say that I agree with your feedback. I was also hoping for a little more "explanation" around how some of the skills are performed.

When I take a step backwards, I realized that while those bits are important, it is also good for me to remember that the DVD was never intended to be an all inclusive solution to learning the basic of DIR. It is a study aid and a review aid. For me, the most important component to essentials was the hands on instruction that the 5thd-x provided.

When I personally was asked about what I thought needed to be improved with their essentials class, my feedback really was around wanting the material ahead of time. Like some others, I cannot quickly digest material that I have not been exposed to before. By providing this type of a package, I really felt that I could have been better prepared to ask intelligent questions going into the class.

Like I said though.. I agree with your feedback.

Forgive me for posting here but I wanted to make sure that all recieved the message:

We have shipped over 500 Essentials and Intro To Tech DVD's (http://www.5thd-x.com) and only had less than a hand full say they do not work. We do randomly test them on three different computers (Platforms) and three different DVD players all with good results. I think as Joe said we had a small batch be bad but as it has being less than a hand full.

If anyone is having hassels please contact us so we can continue to correct this if there is an issue.

BTW I would appreciate some feedback on the Intro to Tech DVD - if you have it. Publically or privately. As you know we incorporated a lot of suggestion you guys made into this version and we are now assembling the Tech DVD.

Thanks
Andrew

I just finished watching the Intro to Tech DVD ... and to my concern this is a quality piece of instructional video. Great demonstrations, and the grease pencil affect is effective for reinforcing the finer points of the technique.

Listening to Joe narrate portions of the SMB deployment brought back memories of Fundies ... when I wished I'd have taped his presentation so I could plagiarize it for my own classes ... :browsmile

Intro to Tech is, to my concern, a cut above the Essentials video in terms of professional production. I wish NAUI had teaching aids that good for some of our recreational classes (especially Rescue).

Where are you guys taping this stuff? Only a couple of those scenes looked anything like California ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A lot of it was taped in the Red Sea.

Glad to hear that your opinion, Bob, of the Intro to Tech DVD mirrored mine. THIS is quality video for the student of scuba. I really think enormous kudos are due to the 5thD-X people for putting together such a fine visual aid.

Now, if they'd produce a textbook or other written material of the same quality . . . hint, hint.

I'll just add the while it is a great video and a step up from the 'essentials' dvd, I just want to say that I like the way the kicks are shown from the front, back, and side in the essentials video. The 'intro to tech' dvd just shows from one angle (which is still great, I just liked the multi angle views).
Also want to say that I had one of the dvd's that didn't work and AG zipped a replacement out without hesitation. Quick and courteous!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom