mask hurts my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to experience mask leakage fairly often--then I began to use diluted detergent to defog my mask--and while I was at it, I washed the rubbed the detergent along the mask skirt and rinsed the whole thing off. No more leaks!

I can imagine a lot of reasons why this may have worked for me--but I am guessing that some residue (oil, etc) built up on the skirt and the detergent whisked it away...

Joewr

Doh! Oklahoma huh.... Iguana Don speaks highly of the shops in Oklahoma. You could always move out here to sunny San Diego!

tracydr,

You can contact me at

don@myscuba.com and I will give you info on some really good shops.

ID

Thanks, I will. Can't get my husband to go to San Diego because the water's too cold! Actually, I have quiet a bit of time left in the Army before it really becomes and option but San Diego is high on our list. My husband is going to have to bite the bullet and learn how to use a drysuit sooner or later!

I had the same problem. My solution was to buy a frameless mask. I know scubapro makes one and i'm sure there are a lot more out there. It is the most comfy mask i have and now 4 of my buddies dive the same mask.

You are so right Mario. I bought one of those masks with purge valves. My LDS highly recommended it.

It does nothing but leak, leak and leak some more through the valve. It is worse the deeper you get. The dive turns into nothing more than a mask clearing exercise. I finally had to confiscate my son's to finish my OW training.

Jimbo

I was once given a bit of advise by my instructor... he said get a mask that fits well but if you are hard to fit, opt for a freediving mask. Aparently they give a fantastic fit on anyone as they are a bit smaller. Just thought it may be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom