• NO: American

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • YES: Non American

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No: Non American

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then why are we doing it? I am not 100% buying the "weapons of mass destruction" argument. Didn't Clinton bomb a hospital in Africa because it was a "chemical weapons factory"? From what I have read in the foreign papers, Iraq has been cooperative with inspections as of late and have refuted much of what Colin Powell asserted as proof of the possession of weapons of mass destruction. Can you point me toward a link or something where I can get a better idea of why we want to go over there and fight?

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
So next we attack North Korea right? I didn't think so.

they may attack us first!

It will be interesting to see how the North Korea problem shakes out. It has also been interesting to see how its been handled up to now. Personally I think its a big mistake to prioritize Iraq as more of a threat than NK.

WW

O-ring once bubbled...
Can you point me toward a link or something where I can get a better idea of why we want to go over there and fight?

Nope, I can't. In my opinion there's no decent reason why we are going to do it. I don't really buy the oil argument or the WMD argument either. Personally I think its President Bush finishing his daddy's unfinished business.

So, you might ask, why do I support it so strongly? The answer is that I don't. What I support is the U.S. Government, the U.S. Military, and those of our true allies. Whether they be right or wrong I support them in foreign policy matters, always.

Its going to happen, or not, regardless of how any of us feel. The troops need our support. They have mine, always.

WW

I can totally respect that and agree that the troops need our support regardless of what happens.

I believe in everyones right to free speech, but there is a time and a place for everything ...

A SCUBA DIVING forum is not best suited for these topics. These type topics are best suited for forums that are specifically designed for them as they spawns mixed feelings and often missunderstood statements.

At this time it has become appropriate to close these threads in an effort to try to regroup and unite the efforts that are in play throughout these forums.

Thank you for your understanding...

KN

=-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom