Florida's Consumer Diveshow is Dec 2nd & 3rd 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at the show too and was a bit disappointed. It seemed like most booths were travel related. Also, what the hell was that kitchen booth doing in a scuba show?

At least I got myself a great Pascal Lecocq print! It'd look good in my new apartment.

just like this one:
Lec368.JPG

wow...that's nice. I have never seen his stuff.

It is easy to feel like a matador, with a camera, because the wide angle lens makes them look further away, until you make the mistake of looking up.

I'd like to see his website.

Pasqual is one of my favorite painters. I now own two of his prints.
632cg.jpg

378PT.jpg

yukoneer:
Also, what the hell was that kitchen booth doing in a scuba show?

Not only one kitchen show, but 2!

The show seemed a lot smaller this year. I think it worked out for me though. All of the products I wanted to check out weren't even there, so I probably saved a lot of money.

OBXDIVEGUY:
Not only one kitchen show, but 2!

they were separate!? I just walked past them quicky, and thought that the "smaller" booth was the same as the other one, only in a different location to attract ppl...

It didn't work out for me, I didn't see what I wanted at the show, so I went to Divers Direct and paid full retail for some stuff. I was waiting 2 months before getting what I wanted, hoping to get good deals at the show :shakehead

yukoneer:
I didn't see what I wanted at the show, so I went to Divers Direct and paid full retail for some stuff.

Force E had free airfills, and free divetrips based on what you bought, and ScubaWorks had a 10% off everything they carry coupon!!. Other booths were writing orders and cutting show special deals for the asking.

But since I had just blown all my money at DEMA, I walked around with empty pockets. For the $7.50 admission price, I met alot of friends and got some good local knowledge info that has already paid benefits!!

yukoneer:
It didn't work out for me, I didn't see what I wanted at the show, so I went to Divers Direct and paid full retail for some stuff. I was waiting 2 months before getting what I wanted, hoping to get good deals at the show :shakehead

Divers Direct never charges full retail for anything.

Their in store prices are always under our Minimum Advertised Price, (MAP)

In fact at the FL Dive Show they had $10 off coins available for just a $20 or more purchase.

Chad

I bought the atomic frameless mask for $89, which pretty much is close to the retail of $90... I saw it for sale at the show for $110, ridiculous!

:cussing::cussing: Divers Direct's booth was empty when I visited saturday morning! it wasn't even set up!

Good evening everybody.

Good to see lots of folks at the FDS. We missed NetDoc of course but it was unavoidable. I'm hoping everybody had a good time and got some things done while there, for their businesses. We of course are serious supporters of the show. The folks who founded the event and carried it on into it's second year put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making it happen. Feedback is always something they need. You can write it down that my feedback is that is was one of the most productive shows for my publication that I've ever done, the buzz on the floor was upbeat, and I can't wait till next year to come back down. Anybody who reads this, you gotta sign up for 2007. The show is gaining momemtum, and we're all in this together. The way I see it, soon we're going to need a bigger boat (showfloor).

Thanks,

Doug
Scuba News

Back
Top Bottom