How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

135' off Molikini Island, Maui, HI. Because the DM had wandered down that deep and so did I before I checked my depth.

130' off Catalina Island. Working dive looking for a sunk bouy for the Wriggley Marine Instute. Ran out of air and had to ascend to 50' on pony bottle and finished a 5 min deco at 15' on a hang off bottle.

Oh, yea, the HMS Yukon is at 120' off San Diego harbor. Very cold dive. Been there twice. Want to go again.

teknitroxdiver:
Where did you find 21% Nitrox? I've looked all over for it and can't find it anywhere. Hmm.

*end sarcasm*

Give the Limey a brake, they only have air over there with 17% o2 in it. That's why they are soo daft. :rofl3:

Often when someone asks me how deep I've gone on a dive, I will simply respond with "to the bottom." They usually don't ask for details.

132 feet @ La Jolla Shores. Why? because 133ft is too deep!!! :D

Hey, I'll be at La Jolla Shores this weekend.... perhaps someone wants to bounce one at 140ft with me...hmmmmm

We went to 42 m at a place called shires quarry near durban on deep speciality course. Its got to be the worst dive site ever! 0 viz at 10m, freezing cold in 3mm wetsuits, water stinks and 2 of the 3 of us lost all torches so did the dive on 1 back up light, with all the silt couldnt see guages anyway!
Only good point, gave me huge confidence, but I dive to see things!

RyanC:
We went to 42 m at a place called shires quarry near durban on deep speciality course. Its got to be the worst dive site ever! 0 viz at 10m, freezing cold in 3mm wetsuits, water stinks...

My dad re-dubbed it $h!te quarry :11:

Cheers,

Andrew

drbill:
Often when someone asks me how deep I've gone on a dive, I will simply respond with "to the bottom." They usually don't ask for details.

ok, I'm asking for details.

I'm still amazed that these threads get so much attention.

I've been pretty deep. I spent a lot of time, money and effort on equipment and training and doing lots of dives so that I could see some of the things I wanted to see with some degree of comfort and control.

I really think the process and some of the things I saw were a whole lot more interesting than the actual depth. If you know where I've dived, you have a pretty good idea of what kind of deppths I've dived. I don't go out of my way to make a point of it because I don't want to make the folks that dive Dipolder twice a week laugh too hard.

IMO, the more interesting questions would be concerning the dives you've done well and the how's and why's. If you throw a rock in the water it goes all the way to the bottom. So? There are quit a few who have posted in this thread who have the potential to grow up to be a fairly decent rock someday.

Back
Top Bottom