Hotel Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a LOT of options, depending on what type of accomodations you are looking for, type of area and price range, etc. Generally you can stay in Kuta, Tuban, Legian, Sanur or Nusa Dua and be in close range of the airport. Kuta is kind of the "party place" with lots of bars/restaurants and shopping. Tuban is right next to the airport. Legian is a "little" quieter and just north of Kuta. I like Sanur. It is a good place to chill out at a nice beach and there is a little shopping and some good restaurants/bars...much more kicked back than Kuta/Legian and a good place to overnight before going to Wakatobi. If you want higher end, look in Nusa Dua. When I went last year, I booked with Trans Indo Mukti, who Wakatobi Resort recommended. They were really helpful in arranging our hotel bookings. You can speak with Putu at

http://www.bali-hotels-network.com/index.html

She was really good to work with. Hope that helps.

caribbeansoul:
There are a LOT of options, depending on what type of accomodations you are looking for, type of area and price range, etc. Generally you can stay in Kuta, Tuban, Legian, Sanur or Nusa Dua and be in close range of the airport. Kuta is kind of the "party place" with lots of bars/restaurants and shopping. Tuban is right next to the airport. Legian is a "little" quieter and just north of Kuta. I like Sanur. It is a good place to chill out at a nice beach and there is a little shopping and some good restaurants/bars...much more kicked back than Kuta/Legian and a good place to overnight before going to Wakatobi. If you want higher end, look in Nusa Dua. When I went last year, I booked with Trans Indo Mukti, who Wakatobi Resort recommended. They were really helpful in arranging our hotel bookings. You can speak with Putu at

http://www.bali-hotels-network.com/index.html

She was really good to work with. Hope that helps.

I was not sure of the areas so you have given me just what I wanted

You're welcome. If you have not already finalized your plans, I would highly recommend spending more than just a day in and day out in Bali. It's such an AMAZING place! Head up to Ubud and take in the beautiful tropical scenery and art and culture of the Balinese!

caribbeansoul:
You're welcome. If you have not already finalized your plans, I would highly recommend spending more than just a day in and day out in Bali. It's such an AMAZING place! Head up to Ubud and take in the beautiful tropical scenery and art and culture of the Balinese!

We have a week in Tulamben, then overnight in Denspar. The next day we go to Wakatobi for 10 days. Then overnight again in Denspar before going to Hong Kong for a week

If you are still looking for a recommendation for a hotel close to the airport in Bali, we often stay at Rama Beach Resort & Spa in Tuban. It is literally 5 mins from the airport and they offer free transfers in their shuttle bus if arranged in advance. It has a lovely pool, nice big rooms, close to the beach and far enough away from Kuta to be nice and quiet.

Reefwalker:
If you are still looking for a recommendation for a hotel close to the airport in Bali, we often stay at Rama Beach Resort & Spa in Tuban. It is literally 5 mins from the airport and they offer free transfers in their shuttle bus if arranged in advance. It has a lovely pool, nice big rooms, close to the beach and far enough away from Kuta to be nice and quiet.

We have booked with the Puri Santrian hotel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom