Recommendations around Bali - Nusa Penida / Amed / Gili?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MW_Scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello - I'm thinking about going to Bali in early March and want to do several days of diving. I did a Raja Ampat liveaboard for 10 days in November and I know that the diving around Bali will pale in comparison but would like more of a dive & relax / explore vacation rather than dive/dive/dive this time.

If you had 2 locations to dive in near Bali, what would you recommend? Amed, Nusa Penida or the Gilli Islands around that time of year? Are there other islands accessible by car/boat that you would recommend?

I had thought about Komodo but thinking that might be best done late Spring/early summer and I'm saving money to do it via liveaboard.

Many thanks!

Read this thread.

Hello, you're picture is quite unique and fun

I think we should all have caricatures of ourselves up there, might lighten me up

images.jpg

This is how I used to be, perhaps a trip to Bali

A ScubaBoard caricature competion based on our perceived personalities, I'd like to see that

Thank you MW Scuba

Going to Tulamben for the fourth time in April/May and then to Amed for the first time apart from a day trip once. Tulamben is great.

You can consider Lembongan, same dive sites as Penida, but more relaxed vibe.

Going to Tulamben for the fourth time in April/May and then to Amed for the first time apart from a day trip once. Tulamben is great.
I was shocked how good the diving was at Tulamben, but also shocked by the hordes of divers there. I've never seen anything remotely like that - probably hundreds of divers in the area. If it weren't for the abundant fish life, good close-up subjects, and some nice corals (the ones not broken by rookie divers) I would have been pretty pissed about the crowds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom