Splashdown @ Boynton this Saturday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
04/12/2003... there are a couple of openings to come dive with the Scuba Ducks on the Splashdown for a morning dive (depart @ 9:00 am). PM me if you want... oh yeah, Walter will be diving with us.

I wish I could make it!!

A chance to meet Walter and dive with the Ducks... how could I have already scheduled something for Saturday??

Enjoy... and bring back a trip report for us! I'll catch you next time, I hope!

J

I will be posting all Scuba Duck trips on this board. I would be glad to have ya'll come and dive with us anytime.

BTW, Bob will be joining us as well... and the boat is pretty much full!!!

Julie,
Great dive, nice boat, flat seas, good company and a beautiful day! Did I mention great dives? Pete can fill in the rest. :tree: Bob

and we all learned something...

Since these kids are working on their AOW... I assigned one to be the "leader/navigator" and take the dive flag. Well, she eventually got tangled in it and handed it to her buddy while others helped to turn her around and de-tangle her. Well, her buddy wasn't ready for the current on the top to pull her away... and off she went. My girls who have never ever left each other over many dives were now seperated. I signaled them all to go to 15' and hover while I popped to the surface to check the flag's whereabouts. There was our errant girl... getting on the boat, and just a little shaken up. They brought me the flag, but the group had decided not to wait but to go deep again, and now I had lost them... ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! I couldn't even see their bubbles. A very stressful dive to say the least, though I got to see 2 hawksbills and one HUGE loggerhead in the sand.

During the SI we had a debriefing... where we went over what went right and wrong on the dive.

The secoond dive was simply awesome as my kids had their act together. I saw some real maturity in them and my two girls held hands almost the entire time... too cute! Bob and I sent them all up when they hit their MDTs, and he and I continued on at our leisure.

Now Bob is a great dive buddy... he was always in about the same space in the water and a very calm dude. We didn't crowd each other, but we were always close enough to lend assistance. I am looking forward to diving with him again at Wreckmania.

Glad everything turned out OK!

It must have been a very stressful time for the head Scuba Duck, not being able to find your flock underwater like that. I'm gald to hear that they learned from the situation. That's a really good sign. Heaven only knows I've seen adult divers get into situations like that and then NOT learn a thing from it.

If you talk that nice about Bob all the time, he'll be in such high demand as a dive buddy that he won't be available to dive with you any more. :)

Glad you had a good time. Keep us posted on when you're going and I'll try to make it down for a dive with the ducks soon!

J

Thank you Pete and Walter for the compliments. Both of you are being very gracious. :) Walter, I'm looking forward to diving with you at WM. Wish it was next week. BTW Pete has a great group of kids. These kids can dive and dive well. They handled a stressful suitation well, no panic at all. They stayed right with me and we had a nice, if somewhat short dive. I enjoyed diving with the Ducks and I look forward to the next time, IF Pete will let me in the water with them again :tease: :tree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom