Anyone know the name of this spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver:
Boy oh Boy , I don't recognize it.
It could be a river spring (only accessable from the river etc ... )

But Yes , ask them by e-mail...

Maybe it's Hart ... Or Running ... Or er ... :D

OK , Ask them :D

It sure is pretty though ... (sigh)

Jeano Beano

I was so curious I looked at a couple of links they have posted- they are dead. The only thing left is email.

Tell you what , let me check with my room-mates who are cave-divers also. They dive a lot of these small springs , and maybe they know !

Thanks!

Jeano Beano

That is " Catfish Hotel [ Hole } at Manatee Springs State Park, near Chiefland, Fl. There is that spring & Manatee Spring, itself at the park . GREAT place for family fun.

I don't believe that's Catfish Hotel. I could obviously be wrong, but I don't believe that.

It doesn't look like duckweed on top, it looks like larger plants. The water looks too blue. The size of the sink doesn't look right (too small). The opening in the plants at the surface, when there's duckweed on top, is from diver's bubbles, which is not what the opening in the picture looks like. And where was that picture taken from?

Brian

CaptEsteban:
That is " Catfish Hotel [ Hole } at Manatee Springs State Park, near Chiefland, Fl. There is that spring & Manatee Spring, itself at the park . GREAT place for family fun.

Mystery Solved :multi: And I have been there as well, grief. You are spot on about family fun. I remember camping there when my boys were younger. One night we were cooking out steaks when a storm came along. We had dinner in the car as the camp site wasn't totally set-up yet :D Okay sorry, I am off topic. That just brought back a good memory though.

brianstclair:
I don't believe that's Catfish Hotel. I could obviously be wrong, but I don't believe that.

It doesn't look like duckweed on top, it looks like larger plants. The water looks too blue. The size of the sink doesn't look right (too small). The opening in the plants at the surface, when there's duckweed on top, is from diver's bubbles, which is not what the opening in the picture looks like. And where was that picture taken from?

Brian

The website in the first post.

Here is another pic...
http://www.tampadiving.com/sections/diving/cave_systems/system.asp?ID=58

Missdirected:
The website in the first post.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant "from what vantage point at Catfish Hotel was the picture in the first post taken, if the picture indeed is of Catfish Hotel".

Brian

brianstclair:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant "from what vantage point at Catfish Hotel was the picture in the first post taken, if the picture indeed is of Catfish Hotel".

Brian

I dunno, I posted another pic... I can't tell for sure.

Missdirected:
I dunno, I posted another pic... I can't tell for sure.

Sorry again - I'm not very saavy with the pics. Where did you post it?

The pic from the first page looks like maybe a wide angle lense. I guess it could have been taken from the steps, but that tree log doesn't look right and I still don't think it's Catfish Hotel.

Thanks.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom