Anyone know the name of this spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think it's Catfish hotel either. I've been there several times. I'll ask Wes Skiles in a few weeks as I think that may be his work.

PerroneFord:
I'll ask Wes Skiles in a few weeks as I think that may be his work.

If you look at the bottom of the link, in the first post, you will note it is his work. I was going to ask him, as I am curious, but all of the contact links in his page go nowhere :sad:

Well, hopefully, he goes to the NSS convention again and I can ask him there. If not, there are some members here who live near his office, and I drive by it at least once a month.

SeaYoda:
Manatee is bigger and not as blue.

Here is manatee:
cmainsp.jpg

And here is catfish hotel:
ccathole.jpg

Neither of these look like that spring in the original picture to me.

Well , I am going to use my connections to find out what/where this little jewel is.
At the place where I live , there is a connection to Wes Skiles who owns the site in question.

Keep tuning in...When I get back home , I'll find out where this puppy is !!!! :D

Jeano Beano

P.S. Awesome pics SeaYoda ... (sigh)
I'm missing home already.

jeandiver:
Well , I am going to use my connections to find out what/where

:jump: :yelclap: Great. I don't think I have the patience to wait a month for Perrone (thank you though Perrone:))

The pix of Catfish Hotel, just above this post, shows the spring when it is FLOODED. No resemblance at all to a typical pix of it. I still say that it is Catfish. Been there & still go there VERY often.

CaptEsteban:
The pix of Catfish Hotel, just above this post, shows the spring when it is FLOODED. No resemblance at all to a typical pix of it. I still say that it is Catfish. Been there & still go there VERY often.
Very interesting. I've only been there the one time - from the placement of the wooden steps I didn't get the impression of it being flooded. There was one "landing" underwater but I thought it was meant to be that way :confused: .

No, the landing being underwater means it was very flooded. I was there last month and none of the steps were covered. But I still don't think it's catfish.

The flooded condition makes some sense, Devil's Den was about up to my chest on the main platform. I had seen pictures with people on the platform completely dry. I had never seen pictures of Catfish so I had nothing to compare it to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom