Cerulean closed???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I heard Dave has finally shut the doors for good there. Anybody else hear this, or can confirm or deny this?

I heard from a reliable source that this is true, however, I myself cannot confirm it.

I just checked Cerulean's Myspace page, which is where they have been at since their main server went down last year. The page has not been updated since Oct 27th, which was about the time I had heard that it was shut down. Still not proof, but maybe a strong hint.

Is it for sale? I'd buy it in a heartbeat..

Official Release from PSC Blue Springs Resort:

It has come to our attention that Dive Cerulean is closed, The owner of Dive Cerulean and the quarry owner has been in contact with the management of PSC Blue Springs. We wish the best to Dave and his family in his future undertakings whatever they may be. At this time I can not comment any additional information about the future of cerulean. We will release any additional information as it becomes available.

Kris Tapp
Management Team
PSC Blue Springs Resort
Welcome To Ky's Beautiful Blue Springs Resort

sounds like a possible merger then...interesting. Dave was a nice guy, but I would like to see someone take over down there that will do something with the place. Hard to charge 20 bucks to get in, and then not even offer a good air fill, or decent snack bar. Best of luck to Dave.

I just checked Cerulean's Myspace page, which is where they have been at since their main server went down last year. The page has not been updated since Oct 27th, which was about the time I had heard that it was shut down. Still not proof, but maybe a strong hint.

the divecerulean web page usually only was updated once every 4 or 5 months anyway.

I had a long talk with Dave when I was last there (middle October). He was planning to shut down at the end of Oct. At the time, he was pulling stuff out of the quarry. Dave did not own the quarry which I believe was ultimately a factor in his decision. I hadn't seen the PSC announcment and would love to see them (or someone else) take over the operation. I thought it was an excellent place to conduct OW training dives and for new divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom