Can Somebody Tell Me about This Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex6

Reaction score
I think the reg is called Buchat, Bucat something like that. Only thing I know about it is that it is French.

Can somebody tell me if this is a good reliable reg, for a diver that will only be diving 10 times a year.

Its Beuchat....

Not very common up here in the NE. Tough to get parts for to service, and I havent heard of anyone who sells them new.

I would go with a more manistream company, one that is well known...

Aqualung, Apeks, Poseidon, Scubapro, Mares, Oceanic...

These will serve you better, and you should be able to find someone who can service them...

I heard that they are really expensive to service because the parts are hard to find.

Beuchat is French. I'm French. But no bias: I have a Scubapro Mk25/S600.

Beuchat makes good regs. They're not available everywhere. Like Apeks or Poseidon are not available everywhere...

If you're going to do 10 dives a year only, you may not need to buy any reg at all.

If you're going to always be diving at the same spot, go with one of the brands sold by your LDS. And if that spots has really cold water, then Apeks is probably a good idea.

If you're going to be traveling and always diving at different spots (do I hear Caribbean?), then Scubapro is the brand of choice because you'll always find a technician to fix it.

alex6 once bubbled...
I think the reg is called Buchat, Bucat something like that. Only thing I know about it is that it is French.

Can somebody tell me if this is a good reliable reg, for a diver that will only be diving 10 times a year.

Beuchat,

They're pretty common in Europe. They have a good reputation. According to a book I have, the VX10 has a little quirk in the first stage that can cause erratic free flows if you assemble it in the wrong order. Moral of the story is to plan on getting it serviced by a qualified technician.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom