Can I join early??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkwood

MSDT
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Still shy of 50, but I think I have some "prerequisites":
  1. Last week my son and I set up a 40cuft bottle for use as a pony and eventually a stage bottle. I insisted we go with a full size SPG since there is no way I can read a "button" gauge even with my prescription mask.
  2. I wear bifocals - hence the problem with #1 - my mask isn't.
  3. I feel flattered when the young (to me anyway) girl at my LDS calls me "darlin". Of course she calls everyone that, but what the heck.
  4. I'm the oldest in my DM class - 30 years on the youngest, and I still beat him when we did the snorkel swim.
  5. I called a dive last month. We had to walk about half a kilometer completely geared up to get to the drop-in point. I got about 100 metres and my back would not take it.

Sounds just like me--a delapidated ol' bucket of rust:D

So reading the OP,does that mean that I,

1 close to 50 :eyebrow:
2 needing reading glasses and therefor using a PP2:crafty:
3 getting way to much grey on top,for asfar as there is anyting left :11:
4 called SIR by all my students :shakehead:
5 having trouble getting out of my waterbed:D
6 .... well can't tell you :mooner:

Have to join in here aswell:confused:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sure, just never forget, "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm."

Sure, just never forget, "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm."

Yup! The young lad that I beat just happened to be my son. His words before we started the 800 yd snorkel?....."bring it on old man!" He didn't quite understand that his nice heavy stiff fins with boots might be great for propelling us with full drysuits etc. but not ideal for snorkeling. A nice light and flexible full foot fin did the trick. Experience does have its advantage some times!

I don't always play the "old man" - we spent last weekend ice diving - he and I even camped out while we were at it. That's one way to get the complete winter diving experience.

i too arent the magic number yet but wish to join....

right now im sitting in my office with one sock over my left foot to protect a infected cut that i cant remember how i got, my hip has been giving me grief for the past 3 days when i did something to it but cant remember what, my legs are still sore from training on thursday and i think i need glasses to match the grey streak in my hair (think cruella de-ville!) and all i want to do it bitch and moan about young people not pulling up their pants!

have i fallen apart enough yet to join??? are chicks allowed to join??

Females may join, after all, our membership is broken down by sex.

Females may join, after all, our membership is broken down by sex.

I don't know ... That's one of the things that keep me going.

This sure came up quick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom