Hello from Biloxi, MS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

l0keman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I'm from Biloxi MS. I'm in the process of getting my open water cert. I freedive spearfish from time to time and thought this would be a pretty cool option to add for spearing. I've completed all my book work and take my 3 days of classes this weekend then wrap it all up with a weekend of diving in mid May. I can't wait.

If you are in my area and got room, I would love to tag along. Spearing or not.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hello. I'm from Biloxi MS. I'm in the process of getting my open water cert. I freedive spearfish from time to time and thought this would be a pretty cool option to add for spearing. I've completed all my book work and take my 3 days of classes this weekend then wrap it all up with a weekend of diving in mid May. I can't wait.

If you are in my area and got room, I would love to tag along. Spearing or not.

Welcome to the board. Were you affected by Katrina? How are things coming along there? Also checkout MSscuba.com for other divers in Mississippi. Good luck in your class.

Things have come along as much as they are going to. The main drag down the beach looks bad still b/c companies like Hooters and ruby tuesday's know the land will only go up in value... so they are not repairing the rubble left. So you see a $20 million set of condos next to a pile of rubble. It would be so cool if the state would clean it, put a lean on the land and give me a tax cut. Or at least pass a law preventing people from blaming every little thing on "the storm."

Things have come along as much as they are going to. The main drag down the beach looks bad still b/c companies like Hooters and ruby tuesday's know the land will only go up in value... so they are not repairing the rubble left. So you see a $20 million set of condos next to a pile of rubble. It would be so cool if the state would clean it, put a lean on the land and give me a tax cut. Or at least pass a law preventing people from blaming every little thing on "the storm."

In 10 years it will look like the Florida coast in Destin, nothing but condos and hotels. They are going to need to move the main drag back inland. Oh well, sorry to hear that. My parents just sold their house in Metairie. It had been on the market since May 2006. They didn't get any water in it, but they still took a huge loss on it. New Orleans will never be the same either. People can't afford to buy because even if they can get credit to get a mortgage, the homeowners insurance is half again the cost of the monthly principal payment.

Back
Top Bottom