Hi from Long Island, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenanny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm Patti and I've been diving for 12 years. I found this forum by accident and it looks great. I love to "dive travel" and have been to some warm and wonderful places. I'm working on my divemaster (just 1 more written exam to go...yippee) and am always looking for dive buddies.

WELCOME TO :sblogo:
Head over to your local forum for events and dive buddies! http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wreck-valley/ Good luck with your diving adventures!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

Greetings Patti,

I live in Miller Place NY, and am looking for a buddy to dive the Ponuogue Bridge, and any other dive spots on Long Island.

Have a great day
Mike

Hi Mike,

Great to hear from you. I've never been to the Ponuogue Bridge but I've heard both good and bad things about it. I don't even really know where it is. When I dive on LI I dive (almost every weekend when the water's warm enough) at Beach 8th St. in the Rockaways. It's a great site. I'd love to dive with you and it sounds like our experience and certifications are the same so we should have a great time. I hope to hear from you again soon.

Regards,

Patti

Welcome to SB, Patti...

I spent a few years on L.I. - in Port Jeff (and by default spent time out at Jones, and Fire Island).

I never dove in N.Y., but, put in quite a bit of beach time snorkeling. I'm curious about the conditions that are typical for you: ie: water temps, viz, sites, etc.

Hi,

Thanks for writing. As to the conditions in NY. I usually dive in the Rockaways when the water gets what I consider warm enough for a 7mil...High 60's. This is usually around mid - late June. The water temp. gets warmer as the summer rolls on and sometimes we get the gift of being able to dive into late October. As to the vis...well...it's day by day. Sometimes, although rarely, we can get 15"-20". Sometimes it's "braille diving" which is good navigation practice but not much else. It varies by the day and the weather. The marine life is wonderful, especially if you like to move slowly and look for the tiny creatures...blennis, sea horses, etc. There are lots of horseshoe crabs, spider crabs, lobsters, fluke, flounder, blackfish and who knows what else might show up? Each dive is different.

Well, I hope I answered some of your questions. Looking forward to hear about your location and safe diving.

Patti

Welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom