I have a new web site ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice and clean - the worst failing of "new" websites is clutter - you kept it simple, attractive and informative. Good job. Enjoyed the Nitrox article.

Two small comments:

- bit unusual not to have "Contact me" link, so that people can e-mail (I know, you pick up a lot of spam that way...)

- sorry for being such a lawyer, but you technically cannot have a copyright in favour a website - it has to be in favour of a natural or artificial person (like: (C) Bob Bailey, or (C) NWDiver Inc. (if you were incorporated)).

Good job though. If I am ever mad enough to get into the freezing cold NW water when I next visit Seattle (wife is a Seattleite) I'll drop you a PM for recommendations.

Nice and clean - the worst failing of "new" websites is clutter - you kept it simple, attractive and informative. Good job. Enjoyed the Nitrox article.

Two small comments:

- bit unusual not to have "Contact me" link, so that people can e-mail (I know, you pick up a lot of spam that way...)

- sorry for being such a lawyer, but you technically cannot have a copyright in favour a website - it has to be in favour of a natural or artificial person (like: (C) Bob Bailey, or (C) NWDiver Inc. (if you were incorporated)).

Good job though. If I am ever mad enough to get into the freezing cold NW water when I next visit Seattle (wife is a Seattleite) I'll drop you a PM for recommendations.
Thanks ... there is a contact link ... if you click the "What About Bob" link, you'll see it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Looks great, Bob
Excellent pictures on first page.

I'm sure it will get lots of god use.
Now I agree Bob's pix are great.. but that great!?!?!:D

Which brings me to something I have been meaning to ask.
Bob, A lot of your pix have a that very dark background and I know they aren't all night pix. I'm thinking that you have 2 bright strobes and you crank the f stop way way down and the strobes way way up. I even see this in your Bonaire pix.
Did I guess right or is there some post processing magic (ie masks) in there as well?
Thanks
Frank

Great site, Bob, and I'm really happy that that gas management article is up there where I can link to it again and again and again . . . :)

One of my students has created a web site for me ... NWGratefulDiver.com

The Affiliates and Resources page might be handy for some local folks, as there's a lot of bookmarks to local dive shops, clubs, charters, dive site information, and the like.

Stop by for a visit ... and let me know what you think ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Congratulations Bob! Your site looks GREAT! Loved your pictures and articles. I hope you are planning on adding articles in the future. Looking forward to meeting you on the 22nd! Take care.

Now I agree Bob's pix are great.. but that great!?!?!:D

Which brings me to something I have been meaning to ask.
Bob, A lot of your pix have a that very dark background and I know they aren't all night pix. I'm thinking that you have 2 bright strobes and you crank the f stop way way down and the strobes way way up. I even see this in your Bonaire pix.
Did I guess right or is there some post processing magic (ie masks) in there as well?
Thanks
Frank
No, actually I use a point-n-shot camera with no strobe at all. The dark background in all the local shots is quite simple to obtain, as it's typically dark here, even in the daytime. The water's fairly murky and all it takes to get that effect is to aim the camera such that there's nothing but water in the background.

In the Bonaire shots, it probably was a night (or dawn) dive ... I'm fond of those.

I do post-process to enhance the effect, using Photoshop Elements and Levels (under Brightness and Contrast).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hellow there old dive buddy. How are things going? Looks like you're still having fun and keeping a few steps ahead of darwin. Say Hi to Cheng for us.

Tried several times but the site was down. I'll try again but thought I'd say hi while on the site. I've been staying away from the web lately so no one has heard much from me in a LONG while. Also, with the boat I haven't been doing much shore diving.

Take care of yourself and I'll try to get into your site soon.

Hellow there old dive buddy. How are things going? Looks like you're still having fun and keeping a few steps ahead of darwin. Say Hi to Cheng for us.

Tried several times but the site was down. I'll try again but thought I'd say hi while on the site. I've been staying away from the web lately so no one has heard much from me in a LONG while. Also, with the boat I haven't been doing much shore diving.

Take care of yourself and I'll try to get into your site soon.

DAVID! Geez man ... I thought you'd moved away or something.

Great to hear from ya!

Didn't hear anything about the site being down ... I'll have to go see what the problem might be.

Drop me an e-mail or something ... let's go diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom