Assembling a set of doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regtekdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I have a set of steel cylinders that ive used as singles for some time. Recently I have purchased a set of bands and a manifold for creating a set of doubles. My question is, what is the best way to approach assembling them ( least chance of cross threading)? How long will it take? Are there any good resources to find this type of info?

Yep, I was going to send the same link. I took mine down to the LDS and did it there in 10 mins. I didn't want to have to explain the 0 psi in the tanks and the prospect of a re-VIP. It probably would not have been an issue, but more peice of mind for the fill tech. Just be sure you keep things loose until everything is lined up then cinch down the band bolts. I only tighten the isolator bolts hand tight so the isolator can rotate (in case I impact the overhead- not that I ever would :) ).

Back
Top Bottom